ATTN SRC: Your customer service is the worst of all time.

I've had some good and bad experiences. With two preorders (Chuck Ragan 4-way split and Menzingers - A Lesson) I both received those far after the street date. With This Charming Man and Frank Turners Rock and Roll EP, I received both promptly.

For the most part I've decided if I don't have to order from there, I won't do it. If it is an exclusive, which I think the Menzingers was, then I'm on board.

I've ordered about thirty records from them this year, they take a while to ship, and in the end I didn't end up receiving about 3-4 of them.

But Jenna and Danny have always responded to me and they've always been super friendly. They've issued me store credit for the records that were out of stock and besides the 3-4 I couldn't get, every other record I've ordered I've received. Packaged nicely, also.

No doubt they take forever, usually on big orders. But so long as I get what I order, no biggie. That's just me though. I understand waiting a couple of months for some records is a huge turn-off to most everyone though.

I imagine a lot of the emails they don't respond to are from assholes. Look at their facebook wall, people are fucking rude.

I really don't care too much about a long wait when I do trades or sales from individuals, but imo, a distro the size of SRC shouldn't take 5 weeks plus to fill an order of in stock stuff. If its not in stock then create a backorder category. If its going to be delayed, the shoot me an email or respond to one of mine. It's not rocket science, just courtesy.

It boils down to there are a ton of places that sell records, and nearly every one them handle things better than SRC.

http://www.invinylwetrust.com

He gets nearly everything in. Become Facebook friends with him and request stuff. He'll get it.

Faster shipping. Only lists stuff in stock (besides a few preorders).

Seriously.

It's stupid he's banned from here, because he has a better store, better customer service, better sales, etc. If SRC is intimidated by him, they should step up there game and become a better, less shady store.

I really don't care too much about a long wait when I do trades or sales from individuals, but imo, a distro the size of SRC shouldn't take 5 weeks plus to fill an order of in stock stuff. If its not in stock then create a backorder category. If its going to be delayed, the shoot me an email or respond to one of mine. It's not rocket science, just courtesy.

It boils down to there are a ton of places that sell records, and nearly every one them handle things better than SRC.

I totally agree. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't being sarcastic/condescending when I said most everyone doesn't want to wait half a year for an order. SRC is huge. Personally, though, I got what I ordered and after all of the horror stories I've read of labels/distros straight up disappearing with money, I cant really be pissed off. Plus they were nice to me and all it took was a little patience.

And yes, I back IVWT HARD. That place is incredible.

I've only recently started ordering vinyl online and up until recently I have never had a bad experience. Then I placed an order with SRC. Big mistake! They're unprofessional. Like someone stated above, I too don't mind waiting for a vinyl to be shipped. But SRC doesn't inform you of this. They send USPS the electronic shipping info to give you the impression it has been sent. When in reality, it has not. And then you try calling them with no success. You email them and wait weeks for a reply. When I finally got a reply, they told me to call USPS. It's a joke! This is the poorest experience I've had from any company. I'm still waiting on an order I placed months ago.

Clearly this is not an uncommon practice for them. I'm shocked they only have 2 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau.

I avoided ordering from them outside of the big sales because I have yet to have an order ship within a week of ordering. And then I decided to roll the dice pre-ordering the newest Cancer Bats from them since I couldn't find anyone in the US and Distort wouldn't ship to US. I also ordered it with Birthing the Giant which was "in stock". Release date hits and both records are marked backordered 3-5 days. I wait a week to send a message in the fancy message system. No response for a few days, then send an email. Then 2 days later a response to both with "we are waiting on the records should be at our warehouse soon!" They end up shipping the records over a month after the release date. Now I appreciate them being on the border so I can get a record like this, but when Distort is based across the lake I don't buy that Canadian post take a month to ship something 2 hours away.

I'm assuming this is their day job, but how many orders are they really taking that their site says 2-4 bus days to ship and they can't even do that? Part-time operations ship things out next day all the time. Their fancy website that is supposed to have stock/pre-order updates and a "more accurate" stock count is an obvious failure so they're not spending their day updating that. Their prices aren't even very good. I always check the label, IVWT, Interpunk, Hot Topic, and eBay before SRC.

Worst of all time is a bit hyperbolic, no?

I've ordered from them, they've fucked things up and it does take a long time and pestering to get a reply. But in the end, they've always fixed the problem and in one case, went above and beyond. I don't really play favorites, outside my local shop, so I can't say I have a real issue with SRC. I'm sure their are those that do, but that is my two cents.

3 orders with SRC, two of them pretty terrible. The only good one was on RSD, go figure.

First one was on Friday the 13th. Placed the order and the status was that it shipped that Monday. Two weeks later, still hadn't received the order so I sent an email(since their phones are about as screwed up as can get). Got a response the next day that one of the records in my order was out of stock. So not only was I able to order an out of stock record, but they were ready to ship it? Right. So if this record was out of stock, why was I not notified? It only took I believe 3 days to get to me once it shipped after I picked a new record, but come on. I shouldn't have to ask about an order to find out that something is out of stock. That should be automatic when they're packing the order. Send a damn email rather than sitting on the order. Basic customer service.

The second one, I placed an order. It took almost a week to process(fine, sometimes it takes a while). I got shipping notification over the weekend and on Monday, received an email back from Jenna after I sent one asking about the order. It supposedly shipped that Friday. Two weeks later, I send an email asking why the shipping status hadn't changed. I didn't get en email back for a week, at which point I was ready to make a paypal claim. As I was writing an email to SRC, the shipping finally updated that it was on it's way. A week later, I received it. So 4 weeks after the fact, after being told it shipped almost 3 weeks earlier. Either that was a blatant lie, or they have a problem with their shipping process that they need to look into. In either case, I too am done with SRC if I can help it.

I have had both experinces with SRC.

80% of my orders are as I would like. I have had one in particular that has not shipped and was placed Feb 9th 2012. Some of the items were out of stock, and I emailed, got a response, changed the order and then got the impression that it was to be shipped that week.I emailed afterwards for follow up and got no response. Emailed again 4 weeks after, and again, no response. I have since bought all of the records elsehwere, and just want the order cancelled and refunded, but that email was also ignored.

I am not usually one to actually get involved in threads like this, but I am super bummed that they have had $130 of my money (including $50+ in postage...) since the 9th Feb, and I have no records...

I've only ordered from SRC once. Got a shipping confirmation a couple days after the order. Almost a month later I check out the tracking and it still says the post office had not recieved it. I emailed them and they said they were still waiting on one of the records that I ordered. On the site when I ordered the record was "in stock". I eventually got the stuff I ordered, but the way they were not up front with me from the start was enough to deter me from ever placing another order with them.

I haven't ordered from SRC (excluding the Dine Alone store) in well over a year. My first order with them in late 2010 went great. Got the records within a week, shipped via Canada Post. The next three orders I placed with them all included items that were listed as in stock but were not actually in stock. The first time I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would fulfill it and follow through. After a month of no word I sent them a message and was promptly responded to saying that the item is not in stock, and they offered to let me choose another record of similar value. No problem, I liked the way they handled that.

Except the next two orders went the same way, with longer and longer wait times between emails. SO now I don't use them. As someone else said, way too many other great distros that don't lie about their stock and ship items immediately. On top of that, to add insult to injury, they don't even ship via Canada Post anymore, at least when I order Dine Alone stuff... which is odd considering both Dine Alone and SRC are based in Ontario...