What Else Do You Collect/Have a Large Collection of?

I've migrated many times through various collections. I used to have a ridiculous amount of Transformers (the toys), then I got into the Neo Geo arcade scene and had a machine and a ton of games, I had the entire run of Marvel Legends figures (and offshoot lines) up until shortly after Toy Biz started making them. Each time I moved on I sold the previous collection to fund the next.

I have a ton of comics from when I was little and buy the occasional trade but I don't actively collect them. Records are about it anymore. I always bought vinyl here and there, but nothing like I do now. I still have an arcade machine as well but only a couple games (X-Men vs. Street Fighter and X-Men: COTA). A few screenprinted posters here and there too.

As a future english teacher...I have to say I'm not far behind...except I don't have the awesome borders bookshelves so I have most of mine stored away in giant plastic containers...

I also have about 950 DVDs....most of them horror films...

Future english teacher here too, but not too many books accumulated yet.

I save all my tickets from movies that I've seen and since I get to see them for free from working at a movie theater I have lots of them. I also have tons of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball Z, and baseball cards.

I try and get a poster from every show I go to. I have one from every Murder By Death show I've been to except one (which I'm pissed I missed out on). But I have about a dozen of those.

More bizarre would be my pop collection which used to be much bigger than it is now, but I've kept a few of my favorites. (Pepsi Bape can, Pepsi Retro from Mexico) However, the cans I will never get rid of would be my imitation Dr. Pepper cans. Such as Dr. Thunder, Dr. Pop, Mr. Pig, Dr. Spice, Dr. IGA, etc. I would love to keep adding to that so if anyone has anything, let me know!

I get cans of Dr. Hy-Vee from, you guessed it, Hy-Vee. Oh and I found this

http://fakedrpepper.wordpress.com/

Books. Fuck Kindles and Nooks, there's something awesome about being surrounded by a library of books in your house. I have three full size bookshelves that are overflowing and the only problem is that I havent' found a nice way to organize them. I'm actually considering dewey-decimalling my personal books, but that really seems overkill.

Some of the 2007-09 Transformers classics line.

Blurays when they are cheap maybe 75 total (just got Back to the future box set for $20.00! blu ray deals fourm)

Video games again when cheap (cheap ass gamers.com)

tour posters

ticket stubs (wife not me)

And guitars/basses this is after selling a few.....

IMG_3584.jpg

Newest 2

IMG_3579.jpg

Books. Fuck Kindles and Nooks, there's something awesome about being surrounded by a library of books in your house. I have three full size bookshelves that are overflowing and the only problem is that I havent' found a nice way to organize them. I'm actually considering dewey-decimalling my personal books, but that really seems overkill.

I'm the same way and I bet a lot of people on this board are. I will never buy a kindle. I love being able to hold the physical copy of something in my hand... books, records, tapes.

Blurays when they are cheap maybe 75 total (just got Back to the future box set for $20.00! blu ray deals fourm)

tour posters

IMG_3584.jpg

Newest 2

IMG_3579.jpg

Jesus dude, I assume you have a good job?

i used to keep a bottle cap from every beer i tried. i have probably 200 caps? before i quit drinkin lol

tour posters

IMG_3584.jpg

Newest 2

IMG_3579.jpg

i love everything about these photos. including the paint job, sup fellow homeowner with purple walls!

After records my baseball memorabilia collection is my most significant. I probably have 75 balls to go with assorted photos, cards etc. My Hank Greenberg ball is my most valuable. My Yogi Berra ball is my most personal. And my Mickey Mantle balls are a connection to my father.

After that stuff it's shelves of books. My autographed Don Marquis 1st edition of Archy and Mehitabel is my favorite as it also has a personal letter to a fan written by Marquis in the 1930's. (Now, who here has any idea who this guy is?) I've also got a significant accumulation of graphic novels and TPBs.

I used to have a nice collection of original Comic Art but I scaled it back after selling some pages. I have some nice one's from Jason, Ed McGuinness and Tim Sale still. One of my hobbies had to give and I figured this one made the most sense.

I'm looking forward to having a 1st class collection of my kids Macaroni Art someday but he's still a little young.

After records my baseball memorabilia collection is my most significant. I probably have 75 balls to go with assorted photos, cards etc. My Hank Greenberg ball is my most valuable. My Yogi Berra ball is my most personal. And my Mickey Mantle balls are a connection to my father.

I'm looking forward to having a 1st class collection of my kids Macaroni Art someday but he's still a little young.

that is so so awesome

and that is ridiculously cute

• 2 weeks later...

i collect tyler stout screenprints, and i've never paid ebay prices for any of them, all bought via tstout.com or mondo

46435_468428421069_329131_n.jpg

this is an old photo of quite a few of them, got many more since this was taken, my collection includes the following:

assault on precinct 13 (reg)

big trouble in little china (reg)

blade runner (reg)

captain america (variant)

il grande lebowski (reg & handbill set)

inglourious basterds (reg)

iron man 2 (metal variant)

kill bill: whole bloody affair (reg & variant)

let the right one in (reg)

lost (reg)

mad max 2 (reg)

robocop (reg)

spaced (reg)

star trek: wrath of khan (reg)

star wars trilogy set (reg)

the avengers (reg)

the fp (reg)

the monster squad (reg)

the thing (reg & handbill set)

the warriors (reg)

the warriors ii (reg uncut)

total recall (reg)

for anyone that isn't familiar with his stuff, check out his website www.tstout.com