Old Canes "Shapeshifter" Kickstarter

holy hell, surely he'll really hook you up then?

JK. But three people did.

I really have a feeling this money is spent already. I highly doubt it's sitting in a savings account somewhere, untouched. Wouldn't he have offered refunds to those that wanted it? Or has that happened and I missed it?

I know Appleseed Cast have had their share of bad fortune lately. I wonder if they had to tap into that money.

Not saying this thing will never happen... but come on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I woke up thinking about this. I could really use that $50 I pledged right about now. Maybe I should start a kickstarter for my cross-country move, apartment search, job-hunt, etc. Someone kick start my adulthood.

If anything good came of this, at least it has illuminated, to me, just how ridiculous kickstarter is. It's one thing to try and fail. I understand that and I wouldn't mind backing a project that I believe in just to see it fail, provided some real effort was put into it. This one just never happened. We gave money, it was accepted, it was (presumably) used for other things. I won't be / haven't been quite so naive when it comes to kickstarter and providing money to artists since this fiasco.

• 2 weeks later...

this dude is really pissing me off these days.

i just looked back, i feel really bad for the three people who dropped 250 each on this.  and the other 25 plus who put down 50 bucks.

fuck this dude and all of his bands.  i sure as hell wouldn't give him my house to play a show.  at this point i won't give him any more of my money.

i was apathetic about this for a long time because i only have 15 bucks in play.

For all my friends bummed about the Reggie and the Full Effect Kickstarter I figured I'd bump this sad sad cautionary tale. Long before folks got the least limited variant there was a Kickstarter where you got nothing.

And I'm involved in both this and the Reggie Kickstarters. I need to learn lessons.

• 2 weeks later...

to be fair, i've spent $15 on far stupider things.

you've put this in perspective.  hell every few weeks i eat this sandwich and after tip it near 15 bucks.  it's chopped brisket topped with pimento cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, and jalapeno mayo.

FOOD BEFORE CRIS!!!!!

fox-bros-burger.jpg

you've put this in perspective.  hell every few weeks i eat this sandwich and after tip it near 15 bucks.  it's chopped brisket topped with pimento cheese, onion, tomato, bacon, and jalapeno mayo.

FOOD BEFORE CRIS!!!!!

fox-bros-burger.jpg

so i'm drunk and this makes me want to just eat anything that gets close to me

• 2 months later...