Old Canes "Shapeshifter" Kickstarter

You’re right about that.  I have been awful about updates.  I apologize.  I am not much of a communicator, as anyone that knows me would tell you.  I get into a head down, plow forward mindset and I forget to take into account things like letting people know what I’m doing. 

That said.  As I turn my attention fully to Old Canes, this deficiency has been made all the more clear to me, and I intend to rectify that.  I am committed to opening the lines of communication with everyone involved, as well as fulfilling the project. 

I like how they mention its an "exclusive tip" concerning the album release date and info. lulz

Yeah, it caused me great pain that AP was streaming the song, but the hungry have to eat.

• 1 month later...

This popped in my head.

It's funny that it popped in your head because it seems like every time I think of this I go to kickstarter to see if he's posted anything and he hasn't since December, which in terms of this kickstarter for him is very recent, someone posts something the day I do that. 

• 3 weeks later...

So, um. Yeah.

At this point, we all know its going to be quite a while longer, but we also know the deal: it's going to get made, we're going to get it, we're supposed to get a free Old Canes LP for our troubles, it's going to be a while. I think we can let this thread rest in peace until the next update from Chris, or 2014 hits. Whichever comes first.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for a question.  Also so we never forget.

(Apologies if this stirred the loins of any users waiting for updates.)

I was looking around, and can only find info on the first press of Early Morning Hymns.  /523, translucent gold with white splatter.  I see no mention of a second press... but there are still copies available on eBay, etc.  Are these on a standard black repress?  Or do only the gold copies exist, and they just so happen to still be in rotation?

Thanks for any insight, guys.

• 1 month later...

Probably hasn't been an update since Appleseed Cast just released an album and is on the road.

Also, this from http://graveface.bandcamp.com/:

Yesterday afternoon, the Appleseed Cast's van and trailer were run off the road in KS. No members of the band were in the accident, but friend and tour mate Anthony Piazza of Muscle Worship was driving and luckily is OK. On the not so lucky side, Appleseed's trailer was completely destroyed, there are damages to their tour van, and many pieces of their gear were wrecked. If you have any loot to spare and want to help them get back on the road next week, we here at Graveface really appreciate it. If you donate a minimum of $15, you'll get their new (and incredible!) album, Illumination Ritual, in just about any digital format you can imagine. If you already have this record and simply want to donate, you can send your donations to [email protected]. Here's a list of the wrecked gear that needs to be replaced: 

1959 Magnatone 2x12 combo 
Ampeg 8x10 cab 
C&C custom kick drum 
Rack Tom 
Floor Tom 
Kick pedal 
Selmer Amp Head

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a copy of Early Morning Hymns on eBay and it was gold with splatter. I've seen another gold/splatter copy in a shop since then, also. Not sure any other variants exist.

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/sn/product_info.php?products_id=4328&cPath=950_952&store=

According to this /523 as has previously been stated.