PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

Got an email from them saying the vinyl was delayed a week and everyone will be able to download the album tomorrow off their website.

"Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for pre-ordering "Violent Waves" from our website! The support we've seen from you in the last few months has been so uplifting and encouraging! We're locked away rehearsing for the upcoming tour and all we can think about is seeing your beautiful faces in a couple of weeks!

So, we've got some good news and some bad news.

Let's start with the good...

We can't wait any longer. Tomorrow at 9am you're getting a link to download "Violent Waves" - it's all yours! Play it loud and wake up your neighbors!

Now the not-so-good....

We found some problems on the vinyl test press from the manufacturing plant, and we didn't feel right about sending you a poor quality LP. So instead we pushed the brakes at the plant, had them start over, and we got it sounding perfect. We tried to get this fixed earlier, but now it's looking like the physical records (both CD and vinyl) will shipping in the next week or so. They'll be in your hands shortly, but a few days later than we had hoped.

So that's what's up. We're sorry for the delay, but hope the digital files can tide you over for a few days.

Infinite Love,

Circa "

Ha! I knew it! Anytime a band self releases something, it always gets delayed.

Well, you can make up your mind today!

The entire album is streaming at Rolling Stone. I think it's amazing, but that's just my opinion.

http://www.rollingst...-waves-20120822

Hey thanks for sharing that link.

I'm still not feeling it yet, but I'm going to give it another few listens before I totally shoot it down.

Yeah, I was gonna post that email if no one else had. I'm excited to at least get an early digital copy on high-quality format. I can't blame the guys for the delay. At least they care enough to make sure everyone gets a high-quality product.

And yes, I will most definitely post pictures of the painted jacket and the custom box. And anything else you guys want. The hand painted cover is limited to 111, I think. 100 $250 bundles, and 11 $750 bundles. Considering I paid that much money for the painted jacket, I hope they don't make them available in some other way, except maybe a small contest or a charity auction. Otherwise I'd of paid all that money for little to nothing. Excited nonetheless. I'll probably buy another copy of VW on vinyl so I can put it in the painted jacket cuz I don't think they come with vinyl, just the normal vinyl release and then the jacket. Idk what I'll do with the extra sleeve. Maybe make some art out of it or something. We'll see.

Yeah, I was gonna post that email if no one else had. I'm excited to at least get an early digital copy on high-quality format. I can't blame the guys for the delay. At least they care enough to make sure everyone gets a high-quality product.

And yes, I will most definitely post pictures of the painted jacket and the custom box. And anything else you guys want. The hand painted cover is limited to 111, I think. 100 $250 bundles, and 11 $750 bundles. Considering I paid that much money for the painted jacket, I hope they don't make them available in some other way, except maybe a small contest or a charity auction. Otherwise I'd of paid all that money for little to nothing. Excited nonetheless. I'll probably buy another copy of VW on vinyl so I can put it in the painted jacket cuz I don't think they come with vinyl, just the normal vinyl release and then the jacket. Idk what I'll do with the extra sleeve. Maybe make some art out of it or something. We'll see.

really? that's a major let down if it's true. if the hand painted jacket doesnt have vinyl inside of it, would it even be considered a variant?

i got the 320kbps download link earlier from topspin. those who ordered from SRC and want a high quality download--send me a screencap of your order confirmation and i'll send it to you via wetransfer. just need your email address. i'm heading out in a little bit, so may take me a little while unless you message me now.

Holy crap. Amazing album so far. Best song in my opinion is "My Only Friend". From a musicians perspective, so much dynamic. Seriously if anyone is really questioning to get this album or not, do yourself a favor and give it a chance.

Circa rules. So glad to be supporting these guys.

+1

this song and Bird Sounds are very good.

that leak was such a piece of shit! did not do any justice.