PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

I hate that topspin is handling this... Or anything for that matter. I'll probably just pick up the vinyl from my store and since it doesn't look like it has a download included, get the download from topspin (and then have to use mp3tag to actually get the files to show up correctly in media player b/c topspin can't seem to figure that out either)

My download of BRMC's Howl was fine. Don't think the tracks were numbered if I remember correctly but the names were right at least. Topspin does suck balls though

I know this isn't a topspIn thread, but the tracks not numbering correctly is one of the telltale issues ( that they admitted to me and were working on) but will cause it not to play on my iPod when synced. And, Yes you can use an iPod with media player.

Anyway, the preorders are not going to come in on time, even the $750, I hope I'm wrong but...

it's just a shallow thing to do and believe me it's an easy habit to fall into.

I suppose it irks me so much because i have a friend like that i'll let borrow new cd's and watch him flip through every track the first 20-30 seconds and take it out. this cd sucks ! nah man your attention span sucks

it's just a shallow thing to do and believe me it's an easy habit to fall into.

I suppose it irks me so much because i have a friend like that i'll let borrow new cd's and watch him flip through every track the first 20-30 seconds and take it out. this cd sucks ! nah man your attention span sucks

I've dealt with this before. Its annoying as hell.

Sounds about right to me.

When I first picked up Bloc Party's Silent Alarm in '05, I put it on in the car and my friend who accompanied me began scrolling through the tracks expectantly waiting to hear...I don't know what the fuck she was hoping would grace her ears but whatever was going on in the first 4 seconds of each song apparently did not suit her. Seriously, she didn't even give it the courtesy of a 20 to 30 second try. If she wasn't grabbed immediately she tracked forward. It was cute for the fist 4 tracks but then it was just annoying because I realized how immediately gratified she needed to be by her shitty music. I wanted to punch her in the face lol.

i never noticed this thread.. L O L at those prices!!!!!!!! to the couple people on here who sprang for the big bundles.. whatever, i hope you get your moneys worth.

but seriously, fuck the band for exploiting their young, dont know any better fan base like that.

say what you will about how good a guy anthony is... but an additional $500 for skype and a page of paper is fucking outrageous.

i never noticed this thread.. L O L at those prices!!!!!!!! to the couple people on here who sprang for the big bundles.. whatever, i hope you get your moneys worth.

but seriously, fuck the band for exploiting their young, dont know any better fan base like that.

say what you will about how good a guy anthony is... but an additional $500 for skype and a page of paper is fucking outrageous.

This seemed a little extreme at first, but then I realized you're talking about Silent Alarm... which is pretty much ace through and through. So, +1. I suspect your friend probably doesn't have as deep an interest or connection to music as you, or a good portion of VC.

I assure you the punch in the face is purely hyperbolic. I would never punch a chic in the face (except for extreme circumstances when said girl is committing a heinous crime and I'm the only person available to deliver a fist to the chops that results in all Unicorns and Fairies being freed from the bondage of this hypothetical yet very horrific cunt) but to be clear about the actual girl in question, she likes dance music and some other shit but no, she's definitely not as crazy about music as I am.

I expect nothing less than to get my money's worth. I'm not sure how they're exploiting their younger fanbase. I don't expect that many of the people who bought the $750 or even the $250 were very young. I think most kids who "don't know any better" don't have that kinda money to spend on something like this.

i say theyre exploiting them because its a fan base who is already accustomed to insane second hand market prices. so when thats essentially the norm, theyre going to look at this and think "holy shit super duper limited must have!" instead of just grabbing the record itself. which is also overpriced.

minus the bear is guilty as well, but the $85 deluxe package they were pushing looks like chump change in comparison.

i don't think it's really a bad thing that they wanted to offer fans something more personal. it wasn't for me, but clearly they have enough of a fanbase since they've already sold through all of those packages. now if the record was only available with the higher tier packages then that would really suck, but it was all just extra goodies for fans who wanted them.

thats fair. like i touched on previously, the price hikes are just extreme. a video chat is pretty cool, but its not that far off from meeting the band at a show (for free once youre already in there). especially since people rave about how cool anthony and other members are.