PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

i thought BSN was good as well, if it comes on during random play I wont skip anything, the sounds of Juturna can never be topped and that's what every Circa fan wants, with the 2 songs they've put out I'm ready for this album. I justified it as I'd rather support the band doing something for themselves than supporting the label that gains from their record sales, seems they're adding a little extra onto the shipping prices though which is lame.

On a first listen, I wasn't too impressed honestly. Maybe it'll grow.

But I am in the minority that thought Blue Sky Noise was really great.

same here. i went in with low expectations though, so maybe that's interfering with my opinion. even if it does grow, i already know that it won't top Juturna or On Letting Go (for me, at least).

i'm not sure if it's the band as a whole or if it's just anthony's voice changing (he almost sounds too gritty or folky at times alongside the more straightforward lyrics), but this just doesn't seem as ambient or attractive as the first two albums.

"The Lottery" is pretty rad though.

Yeah, I dunno why shipping went up so much. I paid less than $8 shipping, and I got the $250 package. I can't bring myself to listen to this on anything but the vinyl or the 320 download of it. Leaks have given me a bad taste before, and I really don't want this to be one of them. It's so hard though. x.x

I assume double gatefold in the description meant it's a 2xLP. Gatefold simply means that it is able to fold open, so it can be a single LP. The term "double gatefold" would actually mean that each half of the gatefold could also be folded in half, which is obviously not the case here or with any vinyl packaging. So I assume they mean this is a double LP gatefold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatefold

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/glossary/g/doublegatefold.htm