The Criterion Collection Thread (24 hour flash sale at criterion.com)

Anybody get anything cool from the Barnes and Noble sale yet? I picked up Wings of Desire, Paris Texas, The Fisher King, Hunger, The Last Temptation of Christ, 3 Colors and the Cassavetes box so far.

Ordered the blu-rays of Don't Look Now, Three Colors: Blue, White, Red, and finally upgraded my my DVD version of The Vanishing to blu-ray!

So many more things I wanted though. At one point I was looking at around $220 worth of stuff, but was able to narrow it down, lol.

Is this sale valid in-store also? I just watched 'The Times Of Harvey Milk' again on Hulu, which is 10/10. I want to grab it on BD plus Naked Lunch.

Absolutely! I've bought all my stuff in store so far.

Ordered the blu-rays of Don't Look Now, Three Colors: Blue, White, Red, and finally upgraded my my DVD version of The Vanishing to blu-ray!

So many more things I wanted though. At one point I was looking at around $220 worth of stuff, but was able to narrow it down, lol.

I bought The Vanishing back in December and only finally got around to watching it a month or so ago. It was really awesome, I'd be curious to see the supposedly-horrible remake at some point. Don't Look Now was good too, but not a personal favorite.

Well even though I just placed an order (and got it yesterday), I couldn't resist placing another one today.  This will definitely be my last one of the sale though.  I grabbed the blu-rays of:

Solaris

The Seventh Seal

Cul-de-Sac

Rashomon

House

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Solaris is so good, I wish Criterion would do more Tarkovsky. I'd love to upgrade The Mirror and Stalker to blu-ray.

Mulholland Dr. confirmed for this October! Yessss!

http://www.criterion.com/films/28050-mulholland-dr

Oh, and Cronenberg's The Brood as well!

I'm definitely in for The Brood and My Own Private Idaho. I don't like Mulholland Drive at all and I already have the German Lynch box set with it so I can't imagine I'll jump on that one - though if it has some cool interviews and/or other Lynch stuff I might grab it at some point.

Also I watched Paris, Texas today and it was fucking incredible. Anybody else like that one?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm looking to trade a record for a Blu-Ray copy of Chungking Express and/or The Man Who Fell to Earth. I figured perhaps it would be worth mentioning here...check out my thread about it here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/113270-wtt-my-records-for-your-criterion-blu-ray-of-chungking-express-the-man-who-fell-to-earth/

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Criterion is giving a $10 credit in your account just for logging in through facebook FYI

https://www.criterion.com/facebook_300k

Did this a little while ago! Very cool of them. There are quite a few amazing titles coming out in October so I may use it then. Orrrrr maybe finally grab that House shirt.