MAN ADVICE

now i feel weird because i don't remember what anybody's genitals look like.

i guess i've never spent a lot of time just looking at it. male or female.

and i've never had a wiener near my face so that might have something to do with it.

boobs on the other hand.... seen once, remembered forever.

U crack my shit up

still making the huge mistake of telling my wife how much i miss her on an almost daily basis.

i've tried the self control thing, the longest i went with minimal communication was 2 days, and i had a huge break down and called her crying, etc. telling her how much i loved her and missed her.

she's moved into a new apartment. her boyfriend practically lives there, but isn't on the lease.

she says they both consider this a very long term thing, even though they've only really been together for about 2 months.

i'm still on my own, raisin' my ladies.

starting to consider looking for someone else, but not sure i want it.

at the point i'm at right now, i would only compare anyone new to her, instead of seeing/accepting them for who they are.

i wish there was some easy way to just win her back in one easy gesture, but she's pretty absolute that she's done with me forever.

i'm turning 21 on the day that my best friend is getting married (i.e. i'm the best man).

will probably be coming back here for advice on that eventually since he's getting married in june, just a heads up.

Ughhhh...I dread a best man's speech. I have two equal best friends (so 3 of us total) and I made a deal with one of them that we would both choose the guy outside the deal so we wouldn't have to do it. We'll see though. Not the end of the world. Just something I would be totally fine never doing.

Start planting the seed with a bridesmaid whenever you can...

Ughhhh...I dread a best man's speech. I have two equal best friends (so 3 of us total) and I made a deal with one of them that we would both choose the guy outside the deal so we wouldn't have to do it. We'll see though. Not the end of the world. Just something I would be totally fine never doing.

Seems like "the" could be superfluous here. At least the way I am reading it. 

Yeah, the bridesmaid thing is all worked out, but it's the definitely the speech i'm worried about. I wish I could just retake a speech class so I could practice public speaking again. Well, that and the fact that those 2 events happening at the same time completely conflict each other haha.

Yeah, the bridesmaid thing is all worked out, but it's the definitely the speech i'm worried about. I wish I could just retake a speech class so I could practice public speaking again. Well, that and the fact that those 2 events happening at the same time completely conflict each other haha.

My opinion (from speech's I've heard and thought did a good job) is two minutes, don't rush it, but get to the point and be done. People screw them up with too many details and trying to make too many jokes and stuff. Not trying to prove that you are the best man by writing something better than no one else could. Just do your job of highlighting the couple and get to the toast.

Man, I wish I had a videotape of the last maid of honor speech I heard. I could probably point myself out in the background laughing (it was so bad and went on forever I almost lost it and had to walk out of the room). It was contagious laughter with me and my cousins all thinking the same thing.

everyone usually cries, so just start crying and blame any errors on your blubbering mental state. i started my maid of honor speech at my sister's wedding with a zombie reference to break the ice. zombies were also the one thing my mom forbid me to mention.

My opinion (from speech's I've heard and thought did a good job) is two minutes, don't rush it, but get to the point and be done. People screw them up with too many details and trying to make too many jokes and stuff. Not trying to prove that you are the best man by writing something better than no one else could. Just do your job of highlighting the couple and get to the toast.

Man, I wish I had a videotape of the last maid of honor speech I heard. I could probably point myself out in the background laughing (it was so bad and went on forever I almost lost it and had to walk out of the room). It was contagious laughter with me and my cousins all thinking the same thing.

speeches with tons of personal stories are the most borrrrrrring ever. i photograph weddings so i hear a great many of these. usually the maid of honor is the culprit. girls. yeesh.

was out at the bar saturday, and one of the girls who i have been wanting to hook up with was there, and i can't even describe how drunk she was. not even using real words. but who needs words to tell someone you want to fuck when you can just grab their dick at the bar?

fortunately, she was so drunk that i was able to just straight up ignore her the entire time without it hurting her feelings.

but jesus that was a messss.

was out at the bar saturday, and one of the girls who i have been wanting to hook up with was there, and i can't even describe how drunk she was. not even using real words. but who needs words to tell someone you want to fuck when you can just grab their dick at the bar?

fortunately, she was so drunk that i was able to just straight up ignore her the entire time without it hurting her feelings.

but jesus that was a messss.

soooooounds like a keeper! o.O

i've never seen her like a zombie before.

most other times she's just sexy as hell and usually fun. 

i don't judge people who get disgusting drunk, unless that's the only way they know how to drink. some people just have a rough night every once in a while. plus Holyoke in it entirety was smash-city that night, so she hardly even stood out haha.

so much for the 'not having sex' thing.

i hung out with the recent ex of a really good friend of mine last night. (he's in jail, oops).

we stayed up til 5 in the morning just smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, and listening to records/talking about music.

we didn't really flirt the entire night, but while talking about what i was going through (how my wife found me unattractive, etc.) she said that she thought i was very attractive, and i said i thought the same about her. that was really the closest to flirting that happened the entire night.

we enjoy LOTS of the same bands, and i turned her on to lots of stuff she'd never heard before, that she really enjoyed.

she decided to sleep here because it got so late. i told her i would sleep on the couch and she could have my bed, but she said she wanted to share the bed with me.

so that happened, and were silent for about 5 minutes, then i had the balls to ask if it would be inappropriate if i made a move.

she said 'go for it'.

good times were had, and then we cuddled and slept for about 3 hours before i had to get up and start the super dad routine.

told the kids she was here, and not to think it was mommy, but just a friend of mine.

she got up around 10, and was cool with them. introduced herself, etc., but didn't stick around for very long.

we exchanged a few texts after she left and she said she had a great time, and wants to start seeing me more often.

this is all pretty cool i guess.

i'm kinda worried about how my friend will feel about it once he gets out, if this actually continues the way it looks like it might, but she made it very clear that she is 100% done with him. he made a lot of mistakes involving drugs, lying, stealing money from her, etc.

but regardless of him, she and i were very comfortable with what happened and are both interested in continuing similar situations.

i haven't felt this content in months. i've been smiling all morning, and really stoked about seeing her again.

so, yay. i guess.

emotional progress to the max.

Good for you in terms of helping to get over your wife.

Horrible idea in terms of messing with a friends ex. I pretty much believe anyone that does this once will never do it again. It just has ripple effects throughout your entire life. I see two ways for you to proceed:

1) You keep the friend, don't tell anyone it happened, and don't do it again

or 

2) You choose the girl and give up the friend (it's a one way street, you could end up losing the friend and the girl if it doesn't work out)

Maybe I'm just gun shy and it doesn't work that way for everyone. I just know I will never, ever do that again.

Back in college, one of my friends asked out one of my exes two weeks after we had broken up. He did ask me about it first, and I told him it was cool. That was early 2007 and they're still together. So sometimes it works out.

You were the bigger man in this case so good for you. Maybe I'm making assumptions but fooling around with a friends recent ex of a really good friend while he is in jail just sounds like a different situation than a college girlfriend.

How long were you with the girl? I'm sure that makes a difference too. If it's months it is a different story than years. In my case, the girl and friend were together a couple years then off for a couple months. I thought I could just make it OK. I couldn't. Started getting from other friends "do what you want, but I can't hang out with the two of you together cause I don't support your decision" and other general uncomfortableness like that.

After the girl and I broke up I was able to patch things up with the friend (we don't hang out or anything, but since it is the same circle of friends we can all be cool). I just go with a 100% FIRM no messing around with friend's exes policy now. Too many other girls out there to deal with that drama.

it's generally a bad idea to mess with a friend's ex unless checking wtih that friend first. even then, i wouldn't recommend it because that friend will probably say it's ok regardless, to look like they're not still hung up on that person regardless of whether they are or not, and some tension is definitely possible.

but hey, if it makes you happy when you've been so miserable, that's something to take into account.