MAN ADVICE

unfollow her

defriend her on fb

madie's right, she is not done fucking with you yet man

Yeah, seriously. Do this. I got burned last week and that's the first thing I did. I'm still talking to this girl, and I know I'm gonna get hurt again, but at least I won't see her being passive aggressive about it on social media.

Protip: If you do block them on twitter and whatnot, don't just log out and look at their feed. Just found out I got bailed on tonight so she could go get drunk. I wouldn't care, but she's been telling me all week that she's coming, and how much she misses me and shit. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be done talking to her after this La Dispute show on Monday.

so that girl that i'd been seeing.. who i haven't seen in weeks now.. we had plans to go catch a few gallery openings tomorrow night, and i can almost guarantee that she's gonna bail.

the part i don't understand is that she pukes in my car/house, makes an ass of herself, and i do everything to say, hey! don't worry about it! and THEN she starts flaking on me.

so that girl that i'd been seeing.. who i haven't seen in weeks now.. we had plans to go catch a few gallery openings tomorrow night, and i can almost guarantee that she's gonna bail.

the part i don't understand is that she pukes in my car/house, makes an ass of herself, and i do everything to say, hey! don't worry about it! and THEN she starts flaking on me.

it's your fault she puked in her car.... and it's probably you're fault shes flaking on you. 

personally, if someone flakes out on me more than 2 times, i just erase their # and don't call them again. i've had people say why i deleted their #. they aren't happy when i do them why, and suddenly they are mad like it's my fault they flaked out on me 2 or 3 times in a row. 

which reminds me, i bought tickets to doug stanhope, and i'm telling myself i have to find a real date before then. trying to get myself out there. i hope i dont have to call the ex roomie because i couldn't get a female to go with me. i made it a point to make sure it's someone i'm actually asking out or ask a male friend. no female friends. i'd just feel pissed at myself. i think i can pull it off. maybe. probably not.

Pretty sure things just ended with the girl I was talking about a couple posts above. She texts me at like 6 this morning asking if she can come over because she's upset. I tell her that's fine, but I've got class in the morning, so she'd have to leave when I got up. We talk for a few hours, then the subject of my ex comes up. She asks me if I'm still talking to my ex, and I say yes, which is the truth, but I said that I wasn't talking to her as more than friends. She asked me for my phone, and instinctively I said no. She gets really upset and leaves to go to her ex's house. She wouldn't let me explain anything either and told me that she wasn't going to talk to me anymore. The whole thing has been a fucking rollercoaster with her, so this is probably for the best. I don't really know what to do now. I'll probably try to fix things with my ex since we are on friendly terms again. It's just really fucked right now.

mike, just keep namedropping doug stanhope. Some girl is bound to take the bait sooner or later and odds are if she knows/likes doug stanhope she's probably a cool chick too.

eyewin, congratulate yourself, you just avoided a big mess of crazy. I knew things were going south in my relationship when my ex started looking at my phone when I wasn't in the room and demanded that I delete my facebook/twitter/ect or give him all the passwords.

there was one time i got into a fight with an ex, and for some reason i decided to check her facebook messages. at no other point in the 5 years did i ever invade her privacy or anything, but this time i did. maybe her page was already up on my laptop or something? but i saw a new message and checked it...

i don't remember the exact details, but it was someone she shouldn't have been talking to, and something they certainly should not have been talking about.

that was an ugly night.

marrieds: do you all check each other's phones and social networks?

I just feel like, if I were married, I wouldn't care, my husband could look at whatever he wanted to. There should be a trust between the two of you... you should just know the other person isn't doing anything shady behind your back. am i wrong here??!

Any time a girl has ever tried to check my phone without my consent- we are fucking done.  

There is nothing there that would incriminate me, it's just the simple matter of trust.  If you trust me not to be fucking girls when you're not around, you should at least trust me enough to not be flirting via text or whatever social media the kids are using these days.  The same goes for me, I don't want to see what's on your phone either because I trust you.  Shit was way easier before social media turned everyone into an idiot. 

pic.png

This is how I feel 90% of the time I come in this thread. 

If we didn't date crazy people,  this thread wouldn't exist and we would be posting in a thread called something like cooking for significant others advice. I still say that thread should exist. I can honestly say with a straight face that I cooked up some hot, sweet, and salty nuts for loved ones over the holidays.

My wife occasionally leaves her Pinterest and Facebook logged in. I'm not on Facebook so everyone once and a while I'll ask to use her account, recent example being a beer event posted the Draft list on Facebook and I needed a way to see it. 

I know her password, she uses the same one. But I don't ever use it. Whether Facebook private message, email, text or something else She deserves privacy and a place where she can safely complain about me, or talk about dudes, or whatever the fuck. I assume if she wants me to know something she'll tell me. 

mike, just keep namedropping doug stanhope. Some girl is bound to take the bait sooner or later and odds are if she knows/likes doug stanhope she's probably a cool chick too.

eyewin, congratulate yourself, you just avoided a big mess of crazy. I knew things were going south in my relationship when my ex started looking at my phone when I wasn't in the room and demanded that I delete my facebook/twitter/ect or give him all the passwords.

This is maybe 20% of the crazy I have been through with this girl in the last month. I feel like an idiot for still wanting her.

Her reasoning behind wanting to check my phone was that she always shows me when she texts her ex, which is daily. They are also going on a 4 day trip to Detroit to see Underoath next week. She also falsely accused me of talking to my ex, when at that point I hadn't talked to her at all.

If anyone is going to the Detroit Underoath show I'll send you $20 to freak out her and her ex. Must provide video evidence

Wait, your girlfriend? 

...hanging with her ex?

I'm not really sure if she was my girlfriend or not. We never really put a title on it, but we were basically in a relationship. But yeah, she was hanging with her ex. The night she accused me of trying to get back with my ex, she went over to his house and got high, just to upset me.

Never in my life have I had anyone bring up more than once the fact that I was straight edge, or that I should drink and do drugs and that shit. Almost every day for the last couple weeks, we've had that conversation. I think she had more of a problem with me not partaking than I did with her partaking.

she plays weird little jealousy mind games, is still talking to and sleeping with her ex, likes underoath, and encourages you to drink and do drugs... oh my god leave that asap.

yeah she's definitely still sleeping with her ex. no one goes on a 4 day trip with their ex if they're not planning on having sex. NO ONE

Yeah, that's what I thought was happening. I don't really understand why she would do that since she told me that I was the best she's ever had. Why go back to something inferior when you've got something good?