MAN ADVICE

but hotornot wasn't a bunch of local young singles lookin to bang

At one point they had this weird messaging aspect where you could sent someone a message in hopes that they would think you were hot too and send one back. in which case.. Bang was on a pretty big problem was the amount of super young chicks on there. It was and I guess still is pretty damned creepy.

so are apps like that pretty much just for people to meet and have sex? I guess it's just odd to me because I usually form attractions to people after I get to know them. Yeah, there I guys I think are universally attractive, but it takes more than that. The very first time I met the last guy I liked, I didn't find him attractive at all. As time went on and I got to know him I became really, really attracted to him. Maybe I'm just weird.

I guess what I mean here is I'd be scared of having sex with someone only to get to know them later and find out they kick puppies or are a racist who believes in mass genocide. (the last one... yeah...)

i agree with all of that. i don't give a lot of people a 2nd glance until i get to know them and then i suddenly find them irresistible/dreamy.

and i don't do one night stands anymore because said dudes usually turn out to be shitty people.

in fact i think i'm just gonna full blown lez out from now on.

ok, i was honestly under the impression that you were lez. and i almost just asked in the boobies thread...

i think it's a combination of that, your tina fey love, and that i find your personality similar to my friend erin. (she likes girls!)

alright well. i've only dated ladies my whole life. but i was open to the idea of dating a dude if one awesome enough came along. until then, much like many red blooded american girls, i would get drunk bi-curious. and so yeah, some dude doin happened.

however, i recently did indeed meet that guy that was everything i was looking for and was awesome enough for me to give it a shot...

it didn't work out. he was falling in love and i was still in "i'm trying this out" mode. not fair to him at all. in interest of not crushing his soul later down the line, we ended things early on. we're still friends. i think it's cool.

I love Tina Fey and like girls too!

let's be buddies!

well, it definitely helps that i've been that guy desperately trying to get some chick to like me as much as i like her. it was a strange experience finding myself often thinking "oh no! I'VE said all this stuff to girls before!  :unsure: " so.... i knew how it was gonna feel if i suddenly decided to leave after stringing him along for months, trying to figure out what i wanted. ladies seem to think this is acceptable behavior when dipping into the bi-curious pool and i didn't want to do it to somebody else. It sucked and i felt like a huge dick nonetheless. 

Thirded on liking Tina Fey and girls!

Heh, in college I was having a lady dry spell, got drunk, kissed a dude, and ending up having to duck him on campus for the next month. The worst.

I had a friend in college that did the exact same thing + slow danced with him all night long at a bar. Didn't make for a nice couple weeks afterwards for her.

It was a really, really bad idea. I had lots of those when I used to drink haha

To this day, despite her telling him her real sexual preference, explaining she's not at all interested multiple times, etc, once or twice a week she'll still get a "good morning beautiful!" text that goes unrequited. Poor guy.