MAN ADVICE

we had a big talk last night. i told her she could come back and clean up her mess or i would take the children to texas.

she told me to go.

she said i had 'her blessing'.

she said she is in a situation right now where she needs to focus on herself and no one else.

she also thinks she's in love with her new boyfriend.

i'm starting to worry about her mental health.

sounds like you handled that last conversation perfectly.  take her blessing and do right by your kids.  it seems like you took more of an independent role based on the way you told it, which is good.  give her the decision and benefit of the doubt, then you make the moves.  :)

we had a big talk last night. i told her she could come back and clean up her mess or i would take the children to texas.

she told me to go.

she said i had 'her blessing'.

she said she is in a situation right now where she needs to focus on herself and no one else.

she also thinks she's in love with her new boyfriend.

i'm starting to worry about her mental health.

you should get it in writing.

I got a message about flipping a turtle over on it's back in the hot sun and watching it struggle and my roommate got a message from a bisexual woman about participating in a threesome with her and her boyfriend. fuck

I got a message about flipping a turtle over on it's back in the hot sun and watching it struggle and my roommate got a message from a bisexual woman about participating in a threesome with her and her boyfriend. fuck

Are you open to messing with these people? I kinda sense the potential for some good internet fun.

I never tried online dating nor would I ever want to. With my luck if I ever tried it I'd probably get set up with Madie and that's scary enough. Good luck to those brave enough to try it though.

Where have you been?? I missed you.

Okcupid was a terrifying place. I think in my case when it said "gay" on my profile, men there read that as "challenge." I always wonder if some of those creepy pickup lines have actually ever worked on someone.

I also got a lot of, "I'm in Vegas for the weekend." Type of stuff.

Good luck! It will only get weirder.

not sure why, but i decided to take another stab at a couple dating sites. i have some decent conversation going right now, and i'm gonna try to get a date or two out of it this week

I've messed around with dating sites before but bailed fairly quick. It is just too much information all at once. I need to get to know someone over time.

I have girls in my life who are Nickelback fans that I would give it a shot with because I know they are pretty cool regardless of that. But when I read a stranger's profile, see they are a huge Nickelback fan, and I don't know them personally, I just bail. And 95%+ of profiles I've ever seen have something that makes me do this. Overly religious would be another one (meaning that it is cool if they are religious, but I couldn't deal with a religious zealot).

I don't think girls realize how many deal breakers that they put in their profiles. I might be doing the very same, but I've tried to keep things vague with recent profiles.

But yeah, it's very easy to just completely write people off for extremely petty reasons in this format.