Fat reissuing Less Than Jake - Borders & Boundaries

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/793

http://www.fatwreck.com/news/detail/503

Will be a vinyl release.

from LTJ:

We are pleased to announce that FAT WRECK CHORDS will be reissuing "BORDERS AND BOUNDARIES" with updated artwork, a DVD of a live performance of the album in its entirety , and a few unreleased demos too!

and yes there will be vinyl.

I love this album.

This was the last album I truely enjoyed from LTJ. What I remember most from it is the misprint on the back of the cd case with the spinwheel, showing Slovenia being something like 60,000 miles away from Gainesville(misprint), and my dad looking at it(who is from Slovenia) and bringing that to my attention. ...True story. I also miss my dad.

I remember this album being awful, guess Im due for another listen

sames. I remember when it first came out it was one of the first real disappointments I experienced in punk/ska music. I guess prior to that I was kinda into whatever, and being a huge fan of pezcore, losing streak, and hello rockview, I was really let down with this album.

Yeah, I grew up with Losing Streak, and they lost me after Hello Rockview (I think this release).. Didn't they ditch the horns on this one? Doesn't surprise me it's popular on a pop punk board.

One of my fondest memories as a kid was playing Street Sk8er for Playstation (before THPS came out) with my brother, Losing Streak, Slapstick and Home Grown in the background on repeat. I think LTJ had a couple songs on that game soundtrack too, which is where I initially got into them from.

Yeah, I grew up with Losing Streak, and they lost me after Hello Rockview (I think this release).. Didn't they ditch the horns on this one? Doesn't surprise me it's popular on a pop punk board.

By my count only five songs are without horns, the rest have fantastic horn lines that one could argue are even bigger and better than anything on Hello Rockview. Only two songs technically have the traditional ska guitar "upbeat", so this is definitely not the ska/punk album that Hello Rockview was, but I thought the horns and punk sound combined for a fantastic album overall, not to mention the great lyrical themes throughout the album.

Borders and Boundaries is not only my favorite Less Than Jake album, but easily one of my top five favorite albums of all time.

Would much rather have a re-press of Losing Streak, Pezcore, and Hello Rockview. I don't understand why these are not repressed. Even to see Anthem pressed would be awesome but I think they released it on Sire and that's probably not gonna happen. Such a shame!

Yeah, Losing Streak for sure. I wouldnt mind getting the Hello Rockview 7" box and Ive already got Pezcore (easily my favorite of theirs) on vinyl.

the link to fat shows 3 demos.

as far as LTJ stuff staying in print makes me think that they just don't care much any more. i'm not shocked, they were at it for a long time. being that they were a bit of a jerk to asian man about taking Pezcore back, I would have thought they would do the same with Fat and B and B. Since they didn't I bet they either make more money this way or are too lazy to deal with it themselves.

all of that said. B and B is the only album I don't have on vinyl that I would like to, so i'll be buying.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd probably pick this up. I love this album, and it has some of the band's best songs. But it does have a lot of lackluster/unmemorable songs too, so I can understand why opinions are a bit more mixed on it.

Yeah, Losing Streak for sure. I wouldnt mind getting the Hello Rockview 7" box and Ive already got Pezcore (easily my favorite of theirs) on vinyl.

I just picked up a copy of the Hello Rockview 7" box on eBay for $20, and the thing is mint. Probably one of my better finds online.