empire state building shooting august 24th

I honestly think this one was a little different. From what I read looks like the guy was really going after one person...in one of the most heavily guarded areas in the city. Police probably fired at him right away and people got hit in the crossfire. That said something is in the air...

I honestly think this one was a little different. From what I read looks like the guy was really going after one person...in one of the most heavily guarded areas in the city. Police probably fired at him right away and people got hit in the crossfire. That said something is in the air...

yeah, it doesn't seem to be a mass-shooting, just personal revenge. in such a densely populated area, it's probably lucky that only 10 people were injured. the 2 dead are just the gunman himself and the man he shot. still sad though.

is it me or are there a lot more shootings than usual, or is it normal and it just happens that we are broadcasting it more.

yes life is weird, and these shootings are ridiculous. they are everywhere

no, these shootings are just getting national attention. there are shootings every day in poor, low income, minority neighborhoods that get zero attention because they dont affect those better off. no one cares when 3 or 4 people are shot and killed in harlem, compton, eastside of chicago, camden, ect. because theyre "gang/criminals", and no one wants to draw attention to that, just when middle-class people do it, because thats not "something they do". its fucked up, I could go on forever

no, these shootings are just getting national attention. there are shootings every day in poor, low income, minority neighborhoods that get zero attention because they dont affect those better off. no one cares when 3 or 4 people are shot and killed in harlem, compton, eastside of chicago, camden, ect. because theyre "gang/criminals", and no one wants to draw attention to that, just when middle-class people do it, because thats not "something they do". its fucked up, I could go on forever

Something I've mentioned a few times now. There are a ton of problems that are facing...let's just oversimplify this...middle class white Christians. Unemployment, foreclosures, inability to get credit, gun violence. And it's astounding to see how hopeless it makes said group, and the bullshit they'll turn to for solace in the face of it.

I'm not saying things aren't bad. Or that it's an okay state for things to be in. But I hear so much doom-and-gloom, "the American dream is over, we're living in the end times" type talk, and it's all over things that people in other groups have faced for generations and generations and generations.

Something I've mentioned a few times now. There are a ton of problems that are facing...let's just oversimplify this...middle class white Christians. Unemployment, foreclosures, inability to get credit, gun violence. And it's astounding to see how hopeless it makes said group, and the bullshit they'll turn to for solace in the face of it.

I'm not saying things aren't bad. Or that it's an okay state for things to be in. But I hear so much doom-and-gloom, "the American dream is over, we're living in the end times" type talk, and it's all over things that people in other groups have faced for generations and generations and generations.

Bothers me too. I look into Philadelphia news and there is a shooting every day if not every other day and no one seems to care. The other day a cop got shot during a robbery and I didn't hear anything about outside of local news.

That's true, most of these shootings have been commited by white/middle class americans. I too think that we are just witnessing the media blowing the shit out of this topic. Its like the current "hot topic of our nation". Besides, our media always seems to focus on negative shit.

Some may argue that all these shootings have been a plot to take our guns away and tighten on gun control. I don't think it is a conspiracy, coincidental maybe but not planned by some higher power. The media focus on whatever they want and then they beat the horse long past dead. After that, they just move on to the next topic Americans will eat up.

Every single person that was shot, except the original victim, was hit by police bullets.

Thank god the police were there to prevent the initial shooting and keep the innocent people safe...

http://www.cnn.com/2...state-shooting/

is it just me, or are few jobs are more thankless than being a police officer? not saying this situation was handled perfectly, but generally speaking

(fwiw, I'm not a cop, nor do I know anyone who's a cop)

I would say EMTs, paramedics, lifeguards, toll booth operators, cable repair guys, mailmen - all more thankless jobs than cops just to name a few. I would also say they all deserve a thanks much more than police officers, especially trigger-happy big city cops who shoot innocent bystanders.