Paul Ryan's Speech

I know some of you don't like to get political. But I just can't believe how short some of the republicans' memories are. This is a well written article. I'd be curious to see something similar after Obama and Biden speak at the DNC. But something is really off about this Paul Ryan guy. Him and Romney don't even align on a lot of issues. I really can't wait for the vice president debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

Yeah, i couldn't believe that. Almost as good as when Tom Morello basically said he didn't want Paul Ryan to like Rage because he disagress with most of his policies.

it'll be interesting to see, come November, if Ryan ends up being as bad a VP choice as Palin was in 08 for the GOP.

They're bad for different reasons. Paul Ryan is way off-center and believes in some crazy shit. Pailn was more of a token who probably couldn't point out Washington D.C. on a map.

I think both picks were made to help shore up a political base that wasn't enamored with McCain and Romney, both of which could be considered more "centrist". Though obviously both made a lot of concessions when atop the ticket.

Problem is that both those picks seem to come at the expense of independents and more centered republicans. The vocal minority of that party seem to be shaping the future of it. They are in a bit of a pickle.

I wouldn't get to excited for the VP debate. Biden will go after him, but Biden is kind of a knucklehead.

You can also fact check this so-called fact checker. This was not written by a generic Fox News staffer but, Sally Kohn who is obviously a leftist, and gets published on the site to provide "balance" every couple of weeks. And there is not a comments section to push-back on her deception. Her last article, published 8/14, stated funny things may happen because of this Ryan guy. Huh, that's weird. This article makes everything she wrote previously come true.

So here goes on the so-called deception:

1.) The credit downgrade happened under this administration. You cannot blame the TP for stopping the out of control spending that went on for two years after the Democrats took total control in 2008. The 2010 election sent the TP Patriots to DC to stop the spending.

2.) Like NASA, the GM plant was slated to close in 2008, but both were closed down in 2009 under obozo's watch. However, obozo went there in 2008 and said he would give government support for the next 100 years if he became president. Cars were still being produced until June 2009 and the funding was never available. NASA now calls Russia to get to the Space Station. Choices were made to NOT save NASA or the GM plant.

3.) Yes, obozo said "You didn't build that" and "the private sector is doing fine". Both off prompter. Both describe his mind-set.

4.) Yes, obozo has gutted the current Medicare, along with the addition of more taxes, the fund the Democrats ObamaCare Tax package. The ObamaCare Tax was also passed by only Democrats using sneaking tactics (reconcilitation) to push thru after Kennedy died. You must remember "we have to pass it to find out what is in it" meme.

If you believe Fox News or everything people like Sally Kohn write, and refuse to do your own homework, then there is nothing I can do to change your mind. The speech last night was fantastic and he is everything this country needs right now. obozo, and an over-bearing, tax-creating government support of everything, is yesterdays news. Just look around after six years of the government picking winners and losers.

You can also fact check this so-called fact checker. This was not written by a generic Fox News staffer but, Sally Kohn who is obviously a leftist, and gets published on the site to provide "balance" every couple of weeks. And there is not a comments section to push-back on her deception. Her last article, published 8/14, stated funny things may happen because of this Ryan guy. Huh, that's weird. This article makes everything she wrote previously come true.

1.) The credit downgrade happened under this administration. You cannot blame the TP for stopping the out of control spending that went on for two years after the Democrats took total control in 2008. The 2010 election sent the TP Patriots to DC to stop the spending.

2.) Like NASA, the GM plant was slated to close in 2008, but both were closed down in 2009 under obozo's watch. However, obozo went there in 2008 and said he would give government support for the next 100 years if he became president. Cars were still being produced until June 2009 and the funding was never available. NASA now calls Russia to get to the Space Station. Choices were made to NOT save NASA or the GM plant.

3.) Yes, obozo said "You didn't build that" and "the private sector is doing fine". Both off prompter. Both describe his mind-set.

4.) Yes, obozo has gutted the current Medicare, along with the addition of more taxes, the fund the Democrats ObamaCare Tax package. The ObamaCare Tax was also passed by only Democrats using sneaking tactics (reconcilitation) to push thru after Kennedy died. You must remember "we have to pass it to find out what is in it" meme.

If you believe Fox News or everything people like Sally Kohn write, and refuse to do your own homework, then there is nothing I can do to change your mind. The speech last night was fantastic and he is everything this country needs right now. obozo, and an over-bearing, tax-creating government support of everything, is yesterdays news. Just look around after six years of the government picking winners and losers.

I feel like there is some truth in here but they way you write it makes me feel like a rational discourse isn't going to develop. So I'll say, I think some of your facts seem like opinions. Putting things in a list format does not make them facts.

1.) she didnt dispute the downgrade happening during obama, she said that because the republicans threatened to not raise the credit limit, that it further pushed the idea that america cant pay its bills, which is what led to the credit downgrade. had republicans just been okay, it wouldnt have happened, and S&P was the only credit agency out of the three who grade international economies, to lower the credit, from AAA to AA+, which AA+ is still considered excellent.

2.) what the fuck, NASA? she didnt talk about it, not sure why you are either, if only to try to bridge some sort of connection with russia and how this makes obama a communist? the GM point is valid, he did pass on that plant, but it was slated during Bush to be closed in Obama's first year... which, im not sure if you remember, but he had some more important issues going on with the country in early 2009...

3.) every politician reads off a prompter

4.) medicare was stripped of reimbursements to hospitals and insurance companies, and did not affect the coverage to citizens who rely on medicare for help. guess what, Ryan supported this in his budget proposal (which was generally insane), so its funny you are bringing that up, when the VP of the party said that he would have done the same thing.

Obamacare Tax? elaborate.

This is a joke, right?