PO: New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones LP Reissue

jhulud

The break wouldn't be bad at all for them. Chad can go work on producing and What's Eating Gilbert (perhaps a full length) and they can enjoy some of the fruits of their labor. They've done this before and made the best album of their career when they went back into writing (Coming Home). I'd love another album in that style. I know I'm not alone in thinking that.

Radiosurgery seemed like they were trying to be safe with the release, while it is enjoyable, they could do a lot better. I like to see a band test themselves.

agreed. it was a safe pop-punk record. and for the first time I couldn't get past the fact that a bunch of 30 somethings were singing about "summer flings" and this is coming from an NFG fan boy.

agreed. it was a safe pop-punk record. and for the first time I couldn't get past the fact that a bunch of 30 somethings were singing about "summer flings" and this is coming from an NFG fan boy.

Yeah, that was bothersome to me as well. I've grown up listening to them so I know about being a fan boy. I really liked Not Without A Fight because of how pissed they were. I like it when they get aggressive. I still think they need to go back to their sound they had on Coming Home and explore it some more. That album showed some serious growth.

1. i liked radiosurgery as kind of a throwback to the old days - it even had little clips of things before some of the songs started hehe

2. not without a fight is the only one of my NFG records i will not sell

3. and yes, coming home is probably their best album

I have so many variants of NWAF. i actually just got rid of one as part of a trade....it was a little heart breaking but needed to be done.

Just want to say that while Radiosurgery wasn't a leap forward for the band by any means...damn is that a CATCHY fun album to listen to. And let's be honest, that's why we love NFG. If you didn't like Radiosurgery, go back and give it a few more spins. It's really grown on me with more listens.

It works for what it was and honestly they said they listened to a lot of older green day and ramones when they wrote it and it stands out. It is a pretty juvenile album but it has that NFG charm

From NFG's Facebook:

"Hey Everyone, we want to address an interview that misconstrued something that Jordan said and mislead people in thinking we are going on some kind of “hiatus”. What Jordan was trying to say is we won't have an entire new album of originals until 2014 without letting the cat out of the bag about our live album idea with some new songs for next year. Unfortunately the press took that the wrong way or wanted to get some attention and twisted his words around. We love this band more than anything. NFG is proud to have the same members for 15 years now and has never stopped for a "break" and never will! We love our fans and we love our band. Love Us, Hate Us, Never on Hiatus!! Look for some exciting things from NFG in 2013!!! Love Chad, Jordan, Steve, Ian and Cyrus"

From NFG's Facebook:

Hey Everyone, we want to address an interview that misconstrued something that Jordan said and mislead people in thinking we are going on some kind of “hiatus”. What Jordan was trying to say is we won't have an entire new album of originals until 2014 without letting the cat out of the bag about our live album idea with some new songs for next year. Unfortunately the press took that the wrong way or wanted to get some attention and twisted his words around. We love this band more than anything. NFG is proud to have the same members for 15 years now and has never stopped for a "break" and never will! We love our fans and we love our band. Love Us, Hate Us, Never on Hiatus!! Look for some exciting things from NFG in 2013!!! Love Chad, Jordan, Steve, Ian and Cyrus

TL:DR - No new album until 2014. Expect live album in 2013. "Love Us, Hate Us, Never on Hiatus!!"

I agree with the radiosurgery being hard to get used to. It def. was a more basic sound and album. I have been an NFG fanboy my whole life(still my favorite all time band) but after a couple spins, on a sunny day, with the windows down, it gets a hold of ya.

I can't wait to hear what a year break and free time will produce! NWAF was amazing and hopefully they put out it's older brother!

also *insert about fanboy longing for Catalyst and Coming Home getting pressed*