VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

So why do woman get to decide what is best for their child? Seriously, woman act like it is their right to choose for the baby and they dont have that right. They lost all rights to make that decision when they decided they would partake in the action that would create the child. I am not saying what is best for the woman, because it isnt a woman's decision to kill a baby and call it ethical. Keep ignoring the fetus=/=baby part, whatever helps your conscious so you can sleep at night but science has proven that fetus' have thought and begin growing as humans in the first weeks. So you know, worry about how your body looks/changes cause that is the big deal here. You made a shitty decision by having sex with that dude at the bar now fucking live with your shitty choice for the rest of your life like the rest of the world. Abortion isnt birth control or a "I changed my mind, my bad" gimmie. The issue is that women have been treating it that way and have developed a sense of entitlement from it. Im sorry, but you have no entitlement over another human being being able to live or die. Get over yourself.

Yeah, if my fiancee said she didnt want to have the kid I would tell her I would raise him all by myself. Best thing that ever happened to me was raising my son.

you sound like you have an awful lot of anger toward women.

So why do woman get to decide what is best for their child? Seriously, woman act like it is their right to choose for the baby and they dont have that right. They lost all rights to make that decision when they decided they would partake in the action that would create the child. I am not saying what is best for the woman, because it isnt a woman's decision to kill a baby and call it ethical. Keep ignoring the fetus=/=baby part, whatever helps your conscious so you can sleep at night but science has proven that fetus' have thought and begin growing as humans in the first weeks.

Scientific studies. Show me them.

So you know, worry about how your body looks/changes cause that is the big deal here. You made a shitty decision by having sex with that dude at the bar now fucking live with your shitty choice for the rest of your life like the rest of the world.

Yes, women have abortions because they don't want their bodies to change. That is the only consequence of pregnancy. LOL fuck u forever

Selfreliable? More like self-righteous! HEYO

Ignoring your unfounded claims of "scienfitic studies," what are some more decisions you'd like to make for women? Which jobs can they have? Are they allowed to go to college? Can they wear shirts with bare forearms? Please enlighten us about the other rights women have lost by being the promiscous, sexual beings they are. It's not like they need a man to make a kid or anything...

okay i'll ignore this part, how fetus=/=baby, but anyway (and i am way oversimplifying): because that's 10 months of neonatal visits, your body completely changing

Yes, women have abortions because they don't want their bodies to change. That is the only consequence of pregnancy. LOL fuck u forever

Just using her words, not mine.

And I got no issues with women at all, I just have an issue with people who think they can play god over other people.

i really dig this idea. infrastructure in this country could use a real overhaul.

plus i spent my youth roaming parks in western NY that those two alphabet soups created, so i might be a little biased.

Yeah so far the only projects I have noticed are repairing existing roads. This offers a small bump for a small segment, a more widespread program would be helpful. A lot of things built by the depression era programs are still in use today. The building, parks, forests will also provide jobs for Americans once they are finished so it will continue to be a benefit rather then a temporary solution. Arguably the best American venue, Red Rocks, was a result.

Yeah so far the only projects I have noticed are repairing existing roads. This offers a small bump for a small segment, a more widespread program would be helpful. A lot of things built by the depression era programs are still in use today. The building, parks, forests will also provide jobs for Americans once they are finished so it will continue to be a benefit rather then a temporary solution. Arguably the best American venue, Red Rocks, was a result.

bill clinton has spent a little time talking about retrofitting buildings with more energy efficient materials. that'd be another start.

Selfreliable? More like self-righteous! HEYO

Ignoring your unfounded claims of "scienfitic studies," what are some more decisions you'd like to make for women? Which jobs can they have? Are they allowed to go to college? Can they wear shirts with bare forearms? Please enlighten us about the other rights women have lost by being the promiscous, sexual beings they are. It's not like they need a man to make a kid or anything...

Should I just make up stuff about you too? See, I said they shouldnt be able to make decisions over whether a human lives or dies, just like men cant make that decision, and if someone actually does decide to take it into their hands they go to jail. UNLESS it is an abortion, then its "womens rights".

Just using her words, not mine.

And I got no issues with women at all, I just have an issue with people who think they can play god over other people.

As in, you have issues with people doing exactly what you're advocating? It's none of your business - if you don't agree with having an abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE.

Should I just make up stuff about you too? See, I said they shouldnt be able to make decisions over whether a human lives or dies, just like men cant make that decision, and if someone actually does decide to take it into their hands they go to jail. UNLESS it is an abortion, then its "womens rights".

So you want to decide, rather than the mother? I get it. YOU want to make the choices. You want the world to follow YOUR view of what is right and what is wrong.

no you just managed to make your main point on the part where i said i totally oversimplified. no fuckin woman is going to the clinic thinking yes i'll get my uterus scraped today so i won't look fat, christ.

I dunno man, kids are pretty fucked up these days. I bet that's happened on numerous occasions.

As in, you have issues with people doing exactly what you're advocating? It's none of your business - if you don't agree with having an abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE.

So you want to decide, rather than the mother? I get it. YOU want to make the choices. You want the world to follow YOUR view of what is right and what is wrong.

No I want the world to follow a view where killing people is wrong because it is morally reprehensible. Its not a womans issue, a mans issue, its a global issue. You are the one trying to spin it as some big negative thing where I am anti women (yet I work for a rape crisis center). And sadly, I do know woman who got abortions because they personally did not want to get fat (twice, both as late term abortions too). So yeah, I hate to break it to you, there are disgusting woman out there just like there are deadbeat dads. Fact is, making killing illegal isnt playing God.

Scientific studies. Show me them.

wow, have you done any research at all about how a fetus develops? Low level brain waves are first detected around 6-8 weeks in, after the heart has already been beating. For fucks sake, even Wikipedia has that listed so its not like you need to go digging through thousands of research articles for this information.

bill clinton has spent a little time talking about retrofitting buildings with more energy efficient materials. that'd be another start.

The Clinton presidential library is one of the greenest buildings in the USA so I can see him being into that. Most government building over 30 years old could be retrofitted. The energy savings in the long run would probably come close to paying for the projects. So you have the initial benefit of people working plus you have the long term lower costs and less overall energy use.

The Clinton presidential library is one of the greenest buildings in the USA so I can see him being into that. Most government building over 30 years old could be retrofitted. The energy savings in the long run would probably come close to paying for the projects. So you have the initial benefit of people working plus you have the long term lower costs and less overall energy use.

it seems so easy...why can't it be that easy?!?

No I want the world to follow a view where killing people is wrong because it is morally reprehensible. Its not a womans issue, a mans issue, its a global issue. You are the one trying to spin it as some big negative thing where I am anti women (yet I work for a rape crisis center). And sadly, I do know woman who got abortions because they personally did not want to get fat (twice, both as late term abortions too). So yeah, I hate to break it to you, there are disgusting woman out there just like there are deadbeat dads. Fact is, making killing illegal isnt playing God.

They're not people. They are pieces of body tissue. Your worldview is outdated. You don't have the right to dictate how anyone else lives their lives or the choices they make. You're not that special.

wow, have you done any research at all about how a fetus develops? Low level brain waves are first detected around 6-8 weeks in, after the heart has already been beating. For fucks sake, even Wikipedia has that listed so its not like you need to go digging through thousands of research articles for this information.

K. Show me.

So why do woman get to decide what is best for their child? Seriously, woman act like it is their right to choose for the baby and they dont have that right. They lost all rights to make that decision when they decided they would partake in the action that would create the child. I am not saying what is best for the woman, because it isnt a woman's decision to kill a baby and call it ethical. Keep ignoring the fetus=/=baby part, whatever helps your conscious so you can sleep at night but science has proven that fetus' have thought and begin growing as humans in the first weeks. So you know, worry about how your body looks/changes cause that is the big deal here. You made a shitty decision by having sex with that dude at the bar now fucking live with your shitty choice for the rest of your life like the rest of the world. Abortion isnt birth control or a "I changed my mind, my bad" gimmie. The issue is that women have been treating it that way and have developed a sense of entitlement from it. Im sorry, but you have no entitlement over another human being being able to live or die. Get over yourself.

Yeah, if my fiancee said she didnt want to have the kid I would tell her I would raise him all by myself. Best thing that ever happened to me was raising my son.

can you show me, or any of us, stats that women use abortion as a "gimmie"? I think that it is incredibly insensitive and rude beyond all get out that you just assume that women who are getting abortions are doing it just for the hell of it. in fact, fuck you dude. fuck you hard. im glad you did a great job raising your son, but guess what, not everyone is as fortunate as you are, or as stand up of a great guy like you.