VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

okay this is where the terminology is important

Jill in New York thinks its ok to kill her 10 week old infant because it "doesnt have free will or thought".

because this is actually infanticide

Right? There's a rhetoric problem in here.

It's important for people to realize that if all abortions are legal, people will be out there killing their infants left and right. While smoking cigarettes, drinking Mountain Dew and defacing church steeples. That's the next logical step from allowing a woman to do what she wants with her body.

okay this is where the terminology is important

Jill in New York thinks its ok to kill her 10 week old infant because it "doesnt have free will or thought".

because this is actually infanticide

And I argue that abortion is as well.

So Paul, are you saying it is ok for me to just kill my father because he abused, molested, raped, and made my overall life worse? You dont agree with murder so you wont do it, but if I agree with it, it is ok?

where did I ever deny that people abuse the system? I dont disagree there are people who abuse the system, but just because some do doesnt mean all should not be granted the right to control of their own body. I started bringing this all up because someone didnt understand how Romney is against womens rights, and guess what, if Romney gets elected, women will LOSE THEIR RIGHT to their own body. It wont be a matter of if the man and woman discuss it and decide to not have it because IT WILL NOT BE AN OPTION AT ALL. Whether its "moral" to have an abortion or not, is it "moral" to bring a child into an unstable or unhealthy "family"?

Sorry man, I meant Mike T, I didnt realize you were mike too, I think of you as Collective Confusion Dude. And yes, Irene is anecdotal, but Mike T said give him one case of it happening, so I did.

As far as when would rape/death come into play, I honestly dont know, and that is why I know abortion will never will be banned. How do you draw the line of who is raped enough (the girl who got pregnant when she drank at a frat party vs the random stranger rape) or even begin to prove they were raped. When is death come into play of it being severe enough for the mother to die and not have the child be stable to live on its own? As far as it being a piece of the mother, I dont believe that. I believe it is a human being that is using a host to survive. If you (crude and graphic simplified example) have a tapeworm that you shit out, is it part of you that came out or is it another species? Fetus' have brains that work and hearts that beat just like tape worms (I assume that they have hearts and brains, I could be wrong about the worm).

Got it - I was confused for a second, I thought we were being pretty civil haha. Anyway we're just on complete opposite ends of the spectrum here. We're not going to find common ground.

Saying someone needs to be "raped enough" (by your standards, a male who's never gone through anything REMOTELY like pregnancy and childbirth) to get an abortion is pretty offensive and backwards.

Got it - I was confused for a second, I thought we were being pretty civil haha. Anyway we're just on complete opposite ends of the spectrum here. We're not going to find common ground.

Saying someone needs to be "raped enough" (by your standards, a male who's never gone through anything REMOTELY like pregnancy and childbirth) to get an abortion is pretty offensive and backwards.

I hope you realize that I wasnt saying that, but supposing that someone would eventually bring that up as a contention to it being legal for rape only. I would never say that there is some point of "enough" or not when it comes to rape.

What I dont get about that whole situation (and I may be wrong cause I havent payed much attention to it) but I was under the impression that it was a group of radicals that attacked the embassy and not really a part of the Libyan Government attacking us. I look at it like if a militia from Michigan went into Canada and burned a church down, would I think we should be attacked by Canada because of that?

What I dont get about that whole situation (and I may be wrong cause I havent payed much attention to it) but I was under the impression that it was a group of radicals that attacked the embassy and not really a part of the Libyan Government attacking us. I look at it like if a militia from Michigan went into Canada and burned a church down, would I think we should be attacked by Canada because of that?

a US Ambassador was killed, its not the same as burning down a church. might want to read up on what happened before you make that analogy.

im really curious to see what Romney shows up tonight. of the three debates, this is probably his weakest area, especially with his trackrecord of outsourcing businesses to China and all that. oh, and his bumbling of his trip in Israel, and how he's stated how he wont backdown with Iran... and now Iran wants to talk with the US... will he change his rhetoric? probably

I've been lurking this thread and posting here an there. I'm just going to put it out here and say I think if everyone could avoid the whole "You should do your research..." or "If you knew anything about this..." type shit you might have a more productive conversation.

I'm not saying you should tolerate misinformation, just stop assuming other people don't know as much as you. I know that is an Internet staple. But I think it is usually counterproductive, you can make an argument without imply the other person is stupid.