VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

Ha I saw that.

Really, I understand not wanting to vote for Obama, I just don't understand the line of logic going on in here. There are a ton of good reasons to dislike Obama, but to say Romney has "more backbone" doesn't make sense to me. I've heard lots of compelling arguments for Romney, but I've never heard any Republican or right leaning person say Romney has "backbone" and sticks to his guns (more so than Obama, at least), regardless of who he's speaking to. Looking at his record you can see that's the exact opposite.

Ha I saw that.

Really, I understand not wanting to vote for Obama, I just don't understand the line of logic going on in here. There are a ton of good reasons to dislike Obama, but to say Romney has "more backbone" doesn't make sense to me. I've heard lots of compelling arguments for Romney, but I've never heard any Republican or right leaning person say Romney has "backbone" and sticks to his guns (more so than Obama, at least), regardless of who he's speaking to. Looking at his record you can see that's the exact opposite.

Yeah agreed. Although as someone who's family would continue to benefit from those bush tax cuts, I'm still pro obama. I honestly don't think tax breaks for the wealthy help at all, because from personal experience the wealthy just end up hoarding their money not spending it.

Writing in Ron Paul. Can't find it in me to vote for Mitt or Obama. I will admit that if I HAD to choose between the two, it would be Obama. I feel like he was dealt a really shitty hand, and has done a decent job. It appears as though the economy is on the upswing, and there's more jobs. The only things that I don't like is his stance on drilling for oil in the US, and Obamacare. I'm all for everyone having affordable health care, but those who don't have insurance shouldn't have to pay a penalty for it. If there's one thing I've noticed in these last four years, is how the bi-partisan format is what's really killing America. I look forward to a time where everyone will work together as one to improve this great country, rather than dismiss a proposal only because they're democratic or republican.

I'm mostly looking forward to voting on gay marriage here in Minnesota when I head to the polls. I feel that every american is entitled to marry whomever they love, regardless of gender. It's a shame our presidential vote is meaningless.

In regards to the tax plan. That site is really misleading because the first thing that comes up when looking at the info is that $4 billion of the $5 billion cut is already accounted for in tax benefit elimination.

I have a very limited economics background, but I see two possible solutions from the $1 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy. The first is the trickle down theory that every democrat refuses to believe in (despite looking at a sample size of one, me, and seeing that when I make more money I spend more money) OR as woe indicated the wealthy will hoard the money. For the sake of argument I'll assume they are either putting that money into banks or the stock market. If they put it in banks then the banks can lend out that money to companies (more jobs, more tax revenue) or individuals (more houses, more tax revenue). If they put it in the stock market: more jobs, more tax revenue.

a model for the country but on a individual state level, not federal.

Yeah you're right he thinks every state should adopt a similar plan. I had to read a little more into what he ment as a blue print for the nation, cause i took it as he ment that's what he wanted the government to implement.

In regards to the tax plan. That site is really misleading because the first thing that comes up when looking at the info is that $4 billion of the $5 billion cut is already accounted for in tax benefit elimination.

I have a very limited economics background, but I see two possible solutions from the $1 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy. The first is the trickle down theory that every democrat refuses to believe in (despite looking at a sample size of one, me, and seeing that when I make more money I spend more money) OR as woe indicated the wealthy will hoard the money. For the sake of argument I'll assume they are either putting that money into banks or the stock market. If they put it in banks then the banks can lend out that money to companies (more jobs, more tax revenue) or individuals (more houses, more tax revenue). If they put it in the stock market: more jobs, more tax revenue.

Honestly my neighborhood is filled with people making half a mil plus, and they save way more than they spend. Trickle down is great in theory, but it really doesn't work in practice.

see: ronald reagan

(I don't think he was trump/arnold famous, but he was an actor back in the day)

and if you want a celeb president, at least go with someone who seems knowledgeable like jon stewart

This sounds like a good idea. While Trump would be unintentionally funny, stewart would be a interesting character.

Honestly my neighborhood is filled with people making half a mil plus, and they save way more than they spend. Trickle down is great in theory, but it really doesn't work in practice.

That is why I provided the other alternative benefit from tax cuts to the wealthy.

Also, I hope everyone realizes that the 8% unemployment mark isn't something to cheer. I just typed in "jobs created in 2012 vs. jobs lost in 2012" to google and you can see from a few articles that unemployment rate can go down even if no jobs are created. And then you have underemployment and business owners that aren't breaking even, but that is a story for another day.

does everyone here forget when Beohner took control of the House and said that "for the next two years our goal is to make sure President Obama loses his job". you cant say "well Obama hasnt done shit in the last four years" when HALF of that time was spent with a House of Reps who killed literally everything and anything it could to make the President look bad. theres a reason why Congress' approval rating is below 10%.

Obama's first two years he managed to keep us from going into a depression and got healthcare reform passed. oh, and he signed the lillyledbetter act. so at least he got a few things done before congress became the probme.

I'm mostly looking forward to voting on gay marriage here in Minnesota when I head to the polls. I feel that every american is entitled to marry whomever they love, regardless of gender. It's a shame our presidential vote is meaningless.

if only it was "for/against gay marriage" instead of "for/against a ban on gay marriage". well, at least the republicans are focused on jobs and the economy like they claim to be...

hopefully we'll get a federal thing one of these days that allows gay marriage. it doesn't really make sense for a marriage to be recognized in one state but not another.

i know it's wrong, but i am completely apathetic and will not be voting.

Amen to this. It's as much my right not to vote as it is to vote. Both sides have agendas, don't really give two shits about the country, and will piss off a large majority of people no matter how good/bad they are.

I won't ever vote unless a legit 3rd party with no agenda other than to make this country better emerges with an actual chance to win.

And fuck off to anyone on his/her high horse saying "everyone NEEDS to be educated enough" to vote.

I've been smack dab in the middle of both extreme left and right wing folks and both sides sound like elitist assholes and I would never give either side the pleasure of having my vote.

Amen to this. It's as much my right not to vote as it is to vote. Both sides have agendas, don't really give two shits about the country, and will piss off a large majority of people no matter how good/bad they are.

I won't ever vote unless a legit 3rd party with no agenda other than to make this country better emerges with an actual chance to win.

And fuck off to anyone on his/her high horse saying "everyone NEEDS to be educated enough" to vote.

I've been smack dab in the middle of both extreme left and right wing folks and both sides sound like elitist assholes and I would never give either side the pleasure of having my vote.

and fuck off right back at you for complaining about the system and not doing your part to at least vote for any other party thats not obamittens

and fuck off right back at you for complaining about the system and not doing your part to at least vote for any other party thats not obamittens

but but but!!! you can only complain if you didn't vote for the winner! why risk losing that opportunity?

but how will a legit third party ever have a chance if people don't give them a chance? find a party that best matches your beliefs, support them in the election, and, if enough people agree with you, maybe they'll make a difference in the future. they won't win until they make it into the debates (and hence get serious national attention), and they won't make it into the debates until people vote for them