Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar 2xLP red vinyl exclusive to Hot Topic

travis

That is a Back In Black EU recent reissue. I just ordered one from SoundCityBeaches (awesome) for 18.95.  They go quick when they get them.

That is NOT the one I'm looking for. I don't know if that is black or not but either way it has the alternate tracklist as opposed to the standard CD tracklist.

Oh while if it is the back to black edition you're looking for you can get that from fye.com for 32 dollars

" Interestingly, the 2001 vinyl reissue on Simply Vinyl was pressed on 180 gram black vinyl in its regular CD tracklisting, while the 2012 Universal Music UK 'Back to Black' reissue retains the original, alternate tracklist below (pressed on regular black vinyl)."

Yeah you're correct, the version you'd be looking for is the Simply Vinyl release

I'd like a manson boxset since everyone seems to be getting boxsets.  5 top-notch albums (if I'm counting correctly) and a few that are ~average-ish, plus at least one record of b-sides (astonishing panorama, the songs on lest we forget, etc.).  I'd think you could sell a fair amount of those for ~$200, and that's probably the only way I'll ever get all of manson's albums on vinyl

You have to be careful when repressing tho because no one is gonna be happy to see that the MM album they spent 200 dollars on the week before is now worth 20, also repressing to tend to bother me sometimes because if something is rare it becomes valuable so why take the value away from a vinyl? Also a boxset containing all of them may be currently impossible since Manson is on a different label now and 3 have a recent repressing.

You have to be careful when repressing tho because no one is gonna be happy to see that the MM album they spent 200 dollars on the week before is now worth 20, also repressing to tend to bother me sometimes because if something is rare it becomes valuable so why take the value away from a vinyl? Also a boxset containing all of them may be currently impossible since Manson is on a different label now and 3 have a recent repressing.

lolwut?

This is the worst possible outlook to have on vinyl. This makes it a complete shit show. Some people are going to face the disappointment of having paid way too much for a record only for it to be repressed soon after. That's life. There will always be indicators on presses to prove what press they are from so most early presses can retain most of their value on the second hand market. It's selfish and childish to believe that destroying someone's sense of monetary value for their records ever matters when it comes time to repress said record. Records are for listening. They make more than one so that more than one person can listen to it. Its that simple. Fuck "rare" and fuck "valuable."

Don't judge my grammar fails I speak american not english, anyway I would definitely rather be able to get something for a decent price, I was more saying that when repressed you need to be a bit careful so you don't destroy the value of earlier pressings of it. Also that remark wasn't the point of what I had to say, the point of what I was saying of course was mentioning how hard it would be for this "dream boxset" 

I was more saying that when repressed you need to be a bit careful so you don't destroy the value of earlier pressings of it. 

Why would a label care about the value of earlier pressings, when the label is sold out of it anyway? If there is demand, they should press as many as can be sold