No Sleep Records 2013 Vinyl Subscription

I accept that. On the upside they announce their release a few weeks in advance so you can choose whether to opt in or out per quarter.

I really can't think of any other subscriptions. Run For Cover had a 7" sub last year but that was a one time gig. 6131? Are they still doing that?

6131 hasn't done one since their first failed attempt. We still haven't got everything from the 2011 subscription though, so I guess you could say they still have one haha.

Allison Weiss 7" and full length will be on this.

Gonna look her up now.

So how about a list of stuff that is rumored or likely for 2013.

Allison Weiss LP

Allison Weiss 7"

Broadway Calls LP

Former Thieves LP?

Balance & Composure LP?

Into It Over It LP?

Adventures LP?

Aficianado LP?

La Dispute LP? (possibly?)

Gonna look her up now.

So how about a list of stuff that is rumored or likely for 2013.

Allison Weiss LP

Allison Weiss 7"

Broadway Calls LP

Former Thieves LP?

Balance & Composure LP?

Into It Over It LP?

Adventures LP?

Aficianado LP?

La Dispute LP? (possibly?)

Don't forget to add the TWY upsides 7" to this

So everybodies issue it seems with the 2012 one is that they wont be able to sell them for an inflated price down the road? What happened to just getting the records because you liked the bands/label and not looking at them as a way to make money?

If I were paying $250+ for a subscription, I'd want something cool, as in special art. If all I'm getting is an obi-strip, I'd just buy the releases I wanted and leave the ones I didn't. Nothing wrong with wanting something cool for your money.

I might be wrong but I feel like for the previous year's subscription (2012), you might have ended up ahead if you had just bought all the releases separately. The obi-strips are totally flimsy. 2011 was a good investment even if it fell short of the 30+ promised 12"/7"'s.

How many releases have we even gotten in 2012: 5 lps and 5 7"'s? It can't be very many more than that.

So everybodies issue it seems with the 2012 one is that they wont be able to sell them for an inflated price down the road? What happened to just getting the records because you liked the bands/label and not looking at them as a way to make money?

Not trying to make money on my NS2012. I'm trying to get my money back and re-buy the releases I want. The concept is cool and I actually got into a bunch of new bands because of this (Casket Lottery, No Trigger, Mixtapes, Etc.) but the package itself was a let down from 2011. The strips are just way past flimsy and a major disappointment compared to the last year. I just throw them on the side. Besides, the way I look at it, someone who missed out on a sub gets one and No Sleep gets that money back because I'm gonna raid their shop. Everyone wins. (I might lose a little cash but it's a learning experience)

• 3 weeks later...

and let me just say i did this because i usually buy everything the NS releases, so this will just save me time. and if i don't like a release, i will sell it to someone at a fair price, who likes the band. simple as that. plus i got a free banner and im interested in this special 2013 release at the end.

oh and it was free money...that too.