No Sleep Records 2013 Vinyl Subscription

Gonna hold off and just get any release I want. None of these bands are worth me paying this much for a special edition. I will probably pick up a few releases but I have spent enough recently that 255 does not really seem like the best of deals. The way people talk about the 2011 one though makes me wish it was still like that cause alternate covers sounds awesome.

Yeah I definitely loved the alternate covers. I hope this year they make the obi strips a little bit more durable.

Also they got rid of the extras:

Carabiner

Slip Mat

Watch

Stickers

and replaced it with an extra release and upped the price. Still wavering on this. Wish I knew how many releases they were expecting.

This is what I don't like.

Pros (compared to 2012/2011) :

- A special subscriber only release.

- A chance to win a test press.

Cons:

- Still using the flimsy strips.

- 10% code, rather than 15%.

- Removed a bunch of extras.

- Raised the price by $25.

I'm holding off at the moment.

My only gripe with the 2011 sub was that we were promised about 30 records and got like 20. Other than that the releases looked awesome and I was into it.

2012 has been sorda a let down for me. The price hike was pretty lame, and the fact that they went from being limited to 30 to 200 was super lame. I ended up buying it for the Mixtapes releases. I figured I'd be able to sell a bunch of them that I didn't need to justify spending so much on the sub. But that's actually been pretty tough. I have a bunch of extra that I haven't sold because I saw some on ebay go for way less that I wanted to part with mine for. Some of them didn't even fetch what the record costs from the no sleep store. I have 2 copies of TS & The Past Haunts cause nobody bid on it when I listed it for 15 bucks.

That being said I'm prolly just gonna scout out the handful of releases I really want on ebay. Seems like I'd spend way less money that way. Rather than buying a sub and trying to sell the ones I don't want.

I think the sub records would hold more value, and more people would jump on these, if there was like a hundred less. 200 is too many. The don't sell out. They records don't hold any value. I'm better off buying them second hand for cheaper.

My only gripe with the 2011 sub was that we were promised about 30 records and got like 20. Other than that the releases looked awesome and I was into it.

2012 has been sorda a let down for me. The price hike was pretty lame, and the fact that they went from being limited to 30 to 200 was super lame. I ended up buying it for the Mixtapes releases. I figured I'd be able to sell a bunch of them that I didn't need to justify spending so much on the sub. But that's actually been pretty tough. I have a bunch of extra that I haven't sold because I saw some on ebay go for way less that I wanted to part with mine for. Some of them didn't even fetch what the record costs from the no sleep store. I have 2 copies of TS & The Past Haunts cause nobody bid on it when I listed it for 15 bucks.

That being said I'm prolly just gonna scout out the handful of releases I really want on ebay. Seems like I'd spend way less money that way. Rather than buying a sub and trying to sell the ones I don't want.

I think the sub records would hold more value, and more people would jump on these, if there was like a hundred less. 200 is too many. The don't sell out. They records don't hold any value. I'm better off buying them second hand for cheaper.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it. I would've bought Mixtapes stuff, B&C 7", probably Casket Lottery and that's about it.

The 2012 sub was pretty lame. The strips were flimsy and I just threw them to the side in a box. The jackets from 2011 were so perfect. That would be an automatic sell for me. You think the number of subs would have lowered but I guess not. I didn't even play any of my records because I was thinking about selling them as a set. Doubt I would get much back though. The only records I would buy back are Mixtapes, No Trigger 12", TA/CL split, and the BC/Mixtapes split. Might get Mountain Man and the casket lottery LP too if funds allow it.

Probably will pick up. The bumming coming from everyone is making me slightly cautious, but it's one of my favorite labels and there seems to be a decent amount at least that should be coming out next year. Former Thieves along with what everyone else has said.

It sucks because NS is my favorite label; I have all of their banners in my office, their logo covers the Apple on my MacBook, I have the big 12 inch sticker on my turntable, a sticker on my car, sticker on my road bike, and I buy almost everything they release, minus some of the strictly hardcore stuff because I haven't been into that much lately.

It sucks because NS is my favorite label; I have all of their banners in my office, their logo covers the Apple on my MacBook, I have the big 12 inch sticker on my turntable, a sticker on my car, sticker on my road bike, and I buy almost everything they release, minus some of the strictly hardcore stuff because I haven't been into that much lately.

you fucking love stickers.

:D

I've never gotten to do a vinyl subscription. This is the first one that would've been possible for me to do, but from reading through this thread, I think I've decided against it. I hadn't heard much about the 2012 Sub, and still thought they did special covers and stuff. There probably wouldn't be enough releases that I'd want to justify paying that much, especially without the special art, and the fact that they don't include the re-issues. What are some other fairly popular labels who do Subs? I wish Topshelf did.

Third man records does a pretty cool sub for $60/quarter. If you're into that. Their releases never disappoint.

I really respect Third Man, but am not a huge fan of the bands they put out. I've heard that they put out some good releases of high quality. I just don't dig their bands too much.

I really respect Third Man, but am not a huge fan of the bands they put out. I've heard that they put out some good releases of high quality. I just don't dig their bands too much.

I accept that. On the upside they announce their release a few weeks in advance so you can choose whether to opt in or out per quarter.

I really can't think of any other subscriptions. Run For Cover had a 7" sub last year but that was a one time gig. 6131? Are they still doing that?