PO: SKRILLEX 3-LP boxset — $84.99

• 1 month later...

I don't listen to this kind of music but I do find it fascinating how this is the most tolerant generation to ever have existed yet we are completely intolerant of things that don't suit our tastes. Every time I hear someone crack jokes at Skrillex or Justin Beiber or One Direction I think back to when I was a kid. I remember my older brother going to my dad and begging him to purchase a Kris Kross tape (JUMP! JUMP!).

My brother sat him down and played it for him (he had recorded it off the radio). My dad sat there and listened to it respectfully. When it was over my dad said, "Just so you know. A year from now you aren't gonna like this. It's just a fad." My brother said something like, "Pfffffft, you don't know that! This stuff is great!" My dad shrugged and said, "okay." He took my brother to the store and spent his hard earned $10 for the tape. He wasn't rude or disrespectful, in fact he supported it. He also knew that while he enjoyed Steely Dan and Pink Floyd, that younger music was being made for a younger audience. That's just how things are.

So to those out there who make fun of music for kids, or music for pre-teens, or music for any demographic that you don't belong to. Congratulations for the amazing observation that music for 12-year old girls sounds like music for 12-year old girls. I can't wait to see your standup routine.

I don't listen to this kind of music but I do find it fascinating how this is the most tolerant generation to ever have existed yet we are completely intolerant of things that don't suit our tastes. Every time I hear someone crack jokes at Skrillex or Justin Beiber or One Direction I think back to when I was a kid. I remember my older brother going to my dad and begging him to purchase a Kris Kross tape (JUMP! JUMP!).

My brother sat him down and played it for him (he had recorded it off the radio). My dad sat there and listened to it respectfully. When it was over my dad said, "Just so you know. A year from now you aren't gonna like this. It's just a fad." My brother said something like, "Pfffffft, you don't know that! This stuff is great!" My dad shrugged and said, "okay." He took my brother to the store and spent his hard earned $10 for the tape. He wasn't rude or disrespectful, in fact he supported it. He also knew that while he enjoyed Steely Dan and Pink Floyd, that younger music was being made for a younger audience. That's just how things are.

So to those out there who make fun of music for kids, or music for pre-teens, or music for any demographic that you don't belong to. Congratulations for the amazing observation that music for 12-year old girls sounds like music for 12-year old girls. I can't wait to see your standup routine.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, and fully understand where you're coming from... You're telling me that you would let your 12 year old kid listen to this:

"Sexting"

Sext, sext, sext, me

Sext, sext, sext, me

Sext, sext, sext, me

Sext, sext, sext, me

Less than three is just a tease

Send those nudes, make me drool

Hit me up - make me cum

Wanna sext? I'll show you some

Sticky drama all the way

Want my dick? You gotta pay!

You've seen what my thumbs can do 

Time to use my tongue on you

Show me what you got on my LCD

Let's get down to it

So you can get down on me

Cybering is so 1999

You've got to be textually active

If you wanna be mine

'Cause ...

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna rock your body

I wanna taste your sweet

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna aah ahh

I wanna aah ahh

Love me or hate me but you want to fuck me

My love is unrestricted 

You know you wanna lick this

I'm stronger than the strongest drug you've ever had

Mix 'em all together and I would still be twice as bad

I know you want some more!

When I text it's seckz! sex! sex!

You start to undress! Dress!

Poppin' out your chest,

At your friends' request.

Now I'm rocking on your top

And you know I just can't stop stop

Make you drop

Feel you up till I hit the spot

'Cause I can't take TAKE TAKE

ALL THIS WAIT! WAIT!

I'm so impatient

You got me waitin

Cut this shit!

Show your tits!

Flip it out on my sidekick

Like quagmire on family guy

Giggity!!! Giggity!!! All the time

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna rock your body

I wanna taste your sweet

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna aah ahh

I wanna aah ahh

My love is unrestricted 

There I go!

Sexting all my mother fucking favorite hoes

Stereo blast it up! Go ape shit and tear it up

We can make you look like hobos

She's texting if she should swallow

Hellz ya! Go for more

Parents banging down the door

Oh no - caught with my pants down

Now I gotta leave this town

I ain't never looking back

I'm gonna tell your ass straight up

This is how we live it up

I just don't give a fuck

And if I ever gave a fuck

I would be straight out of luck

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna rock your body

I wanna taste your sweet

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna aah ahh

I wanna aah ahh

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna rock your body

I wanna taste your sweet

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna fucking rock your body

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna rock your body

I wanna taste your sweet

I wanna fuck you hard

I wanna feel you deep

I wanna aah ahh

I wanna aah ahh

My love is unrestricted 

I know you want some more!

Sexting, sexting, sexting

That is just another part of EDM Music, and while I know that is not Skrillex, it comes from around the same genre. I have no issue with Skrillex... I'll make fun of it just as much as the next but its on my iPod and ocassionally I'll put it on. But sometimes, someone has to put their foot down or at the very least bring in a voice of reason... to me personally, Skrillex just sounds like robots fucking AOL Dial-Up Style.

Well here's what I was listening to growing up (not sure if I have the right album but where was one song that was just a skit of him getting his dick sucked). And now I kinda wanna listen to robots fucking AOL Dial-Up Style. That shit sounds hilarious.

In_the_Nude.jpg

Listen to Skrillex then! haha... Like I said, I feel that Kids don't need to be censored or sheltered, but at the lyrics I just sent and the ones you described, that is not helping a 12 year olds mind any. There is plenty they can listen to WITHOUT my help that are worlds better. 

I can't help that Skrillex missed his calling when Dance Dance Revolution first came out... his songs would have been the best on that game!