PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

Yeah, but we already have jackets for the good ones. I guess it makes wens for people who just acquire the misprints, but otherwise it seems kinda ridiculous.

What am I supposed to put my misprints in? If I'm already going to buy a blank jacket to protect the records, why not have a proper jacket for it? It's like getting a proper jacket for a test press that didn't come with one. Doesn't seem that ridiculous to me. 

once i listen to them and make sure the new ones sound just as good, i'm gonna get rid of the mis-presses so people who don't have them can enjoy them. no reason to keep them on a shelf in a screen printed jacket. but that's me. 

Says the variant collector. 

Also, wouldn't the people who buy the mislabeled copies from those who originally received them want jackets too? I know I don't like to have loose LP's, but maybe that's just me. 

Regardless, I don't know why this bothers you enough to keep posting about it. It won't affect you at all. I don't particularly like pina colada flavored popsicles but I don't mind that other people enjoy them and keep them in their freezers.  

Says the variant collector. 

Also, wouldn't the people who buy the mislabeled copies from those who originally received them want jackets too? I know I don't like to have loose LP's, but maybe that's just me. 

Regardless, I don't know why this bothers you enough to keep posting about it. It won't affect you at all. I don't particularly like pina colada flavored popsicles but I don't mind that other people enjoy them and keep them in their freezers.  

oh, it's cool. i was just explaining my thoughts, you were explaining yours. that's what discussion boards are all about, right? if no one had opinions this would be 2 pages, not 37. 

Mine were fine too. The only problem I have is with the black glue on the jackets. I'll try to get it off today with some suggestions from this thread.

Naptha (Lighter Fluid) works perfectly. Removes the glue without damage to the jacket surfaces. Used it on my set with no problems. 

Could this process get any better? Just got my replacements and they're all warped. How long till A&R replaces the replacements?

Wow.  Sorry to hear that.  My replacements are good EXCEPT The Photo Album has a nasty scratch all the way across "A Movie Script Ending."  I have emailed them twice now requesting a replacement and have heard nothing back.  I'm about ready to dispute the box set charges on my credit card.  Really hope I don't have to resort to that.