PO - Death Cab for Cutie - The Barsuk Years LMTD Ed Collection

So today I finally settled in with the set and started spinning and when I got to "The Photo Album" and "The Stability EP", I couldn't stand the look of the warped discs on my platter, so I switched out the correctly labeled ones for the incorrects, if only because the platters are steadier. 

So I bought the Barsuk Years Box Set a couple of days ago. Today, I finally had an in depth feel of the box, and here's a quickie review. 

The box itself is nice and sturdy. Fortunately, my box that was housing the records wasn't dented. I've seen some pretty bad dents on some of these boxes, which is a real shame. Box set just feels like it's very high quality. 

Upon opening the box set, I started pulling out the records one by one. As many of you may have noticed, there were a couple of records that had some adhesive residue from the slots holding the records stuck on the front of the record. This adhesive can be removed, but it'll definitely take some elbow grease. It took me about an hour and a half to go through all the records and clean the residue thoroughly.

Now, here's a suggestion to those of you concerned about the residue: What I went ahead and did once I was done cleaning the sleeves was simply put a plastic sleeve over the record and THEN house them back in the Box Set. That way, if anything does get stuck to the record again, the plastic sleeve will take the damage as apposed to the actual record. Worst case scenario, switch out the plastic sleeve if it bugs you that much. And they fit back in the box set just fine!

Now on to the main course: the records. The packaging on these is phenomenal. I was very impressed when I was going through all of these individually. The liner notes that are included in some of the records are very high quality. It looks like they were printed on very high quality card stock. I also appreciate the little touches like the transparent liner notes inside of the "Something About Airplanes" LP. Or the die-cut jacket for "We Have the Facts and We're Voting, Yes". And I was VERY pleased to see the original 4 liner notes that were originally included in the first press of "The Photo Album". In terms of packaging & presentation, it is very hard to find anything bad to say. 

These also sound phenomenal. I played through "The Photo Album" and man, these records sound crisp and clear! Can't wait to go through the rest. 

Although I wish the box set was cheaper, I am very satisfied with the end product. Fortunately, I was able to buy this item in-store & was given the replacement LPs upon purchase. That made this purchase easier since I knew that I wouldn't have to go through A+R customer service to get them. If you haven't bought this & are thinking about it, I'd recommend going to your local record store and asking them to order it for you. This way, you won't have to risk purchasing them and being shit out of luck on the replacement LPs.