PO: The Menzingers - On The Possible Past

• 1 month later...

Heads up for those still looking for the pink version. Available online now:

http://kingsroadmerch.com/the-menzingers/

Still looking for the pink version (http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/92177-wtb-menzingers-mixtapes-hot-topic-exclusives-and-more/). Got an orange version from the European pressing to trade if you want!

Kings Road in the US has more green copies available. Given the issues with this exact pressing, im assuming they have it all cleared up now.

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/epitaph-records/view/?id=3897

im still wondering about the actual numbers from the first round of this, what got destroyed and whatnot. and can anyone confirm or deny the rumored /200 on the hot pink? and is this new green now a "3rd" press? this release has me all confused.

im still wondering about the actual numbers from the first round of this, what got destroyed and whatnot. and can anyone confirm or deny the rumored /200 on the hot pink? and is this new green now a "3rd" press? this release has me all confused.

I asked KRM if this was a new green pressing and got this reply: 

Hey we went back through these and couldn't find any issues with the pressing.

Seems like it's the first pressing that is back online. Prepare for warped records then..

Regarding numbers, I always thought that the pink were /300, since that were supposed to be the number the band were selling on tour. Leftovers went up at KRM after the US tour ended.

If you're vigilant enough and really want it, you can pretty easily get one on eBay for about $30. That said, most of the ones that go for that price are green and based on the terrible job they did pressing those, I'd be careful if you go that route.

I got the green pre-order color as soon as it went up. What is the pressing error everyone is talking about? Mine is totally fine....

Mine is paper thin. Pressing lightly on the label makes it "pop" and it goes concave. So bummed.

With all due respect, that is the part where you read the thread.

So basically some of these 700 green copies weren't perfect but mine is just fine, no popping or anything so I really didn't need to read the thread since it wasn't every copy and people who have problems with it are the only ones who want to talk about it.

However, the pressing is super thin, still sounds fine. On the Impossible Past could have had a way better pressing, though. Sound quality is not that great.

So basically some of these 700 green copies weren't perfect but mine is just fine, no popping or anything so I really didn't need to read the thread since it wasn't every copy and people who have problems with it are the only ones who want to talk about it.

However, the pressing is super thin, still sounds fine. On the Impossible Past could have had a way better pressing, though. Sound quality is not that great.

There you go man. It wasn't a snarky comment. There were pictures and comparisons that helped illustrate the scale of the issue. Took a minute or two right. Wouldn't have said it if it was another 200+ page Blink 182 thread full of Shaq gifs. That I would understand.

There you go man. It wasn't a snarky comment. There were pictures and comparisons that helped illustrate the scale of the issue. Took a minute or two right. Wouldn't have said it if it was another 200+ page Blink 182 thread full of Shaq gifs. That I would understand.

Took longer than that but it was still useless. Sounds like it was talked up more than it should have been.