Newtown, CT Shooting

before anyone starts, gun control will not stop people like this from doing these sorts of things.

I know.  if we'd let 3rd graders bring guns to school, things like this would never happen.

seriously though, I know that's not at all what you're suggesting.  and, sure, maybe gun control won't stop determined people from doing these sorts of things, but it would surely make it harder / take longer to acquire guns, which may deter some crazies.  if doing it saves a single life, I'd totally trade my right to purchase an assault rifle for that

what i meant was, crazy people will always do crazy things, and they usually don't tell anyone about it.

these sorts of things are a surprise, and they only last a matter of minutes.

if the teachers were allowed to be armed the guy might fire off a few less shots, but these sorts of things are impossible to prevent.

what i meant was, crazy people will always do crazy things, and they usually don't tell anyone about it.

these sorts of things are a surprise, and they only last a matter of minutes.

if the teachers were allowed to be armed the guy might fire off a few less shots, but these sorts of things are impossible to prevent.

That's a great idea. Let's have kindergarten teachers carry fire arms. That can only turn out well.

If you look at some of the previous political threads I am usually conservative, but no one needs to own guns.

Except that it just happened at a school in China.

Just looked that up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/30/world/asia/30china.html?_r=0

http://mikeb302000.blogspot.com/2012/12/mass-stabbing-incident-in-china-23.html (newer link, yes I know it is not a real media outlet, but it gets the point across)

Apparently this is a big issue there. The good thing is that most of the victims are not seriously injured. Knives can do less damage then a gun. This only helps the case for gun control. Yes there are crazy people everywhere, but why do you need to give them any assistance.

You see like half the media outlets just post pictures of some Ryan Lanza facebook account... that wasn't right? Poor guy.

as a gal with a journalism degree this makes me a particular kind of mad, what the fuck now you are ruining some other dude's life just because he had the same name and you needed to be first.

"If you look at some of the previous political threads I am usually conservative, but no one needs to own guns."

i agree, but i also believe in self defense because humans can't be trusted. it's a double edged sword.

also i don't think teachers should carry guns, but i've seen a lot of people on facebook say that already.

outlawing guns would only bring upon that whole 'if guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns' thing.

you can't stop evil, you simply can't.

'And if any one brings up hunting for sport they should smack themselves in the face. Go fishing'

or shopping. those animals were farmed to die. their lives wouldn't even exist if not for those farms.

i approve of breeding for food. killing the wild seems wrong to me.

i understand that hunting is a natural thing that many species require to survive, it just seems that the civilized human doesn't require it at all.

I would argue that quickly killing an animal that spent its life free in the wild is far more humane than killing one that has spent it's life cooped up in the disgusting conditions many of the animals are kept in these days, eating unnatural foods that would kill them if it weren't for the antibiotics they are pumped full of. I'm not a hunter but I do enjoy target shooting with my dad and I've actually been considering picking up hunting since getting into the culinary field and really getting into what goes on in relation to the meat we buy in grocery stores.

That being said, I see no reason for any civilians to own things lie AR-15s, Kalashnikovs, and the like. I was in the Army, served in the Middle East, and I've seen the destruction these things can cause first-hand. We need more strict control of firearms and more severe punishment for anyone on the wrong side of those controls. Statements like "No one should own guns" and "Take the 2nd amendment and shove it up your ass" look cute on the Internet, but offer nothing in the way of discussion, in my opinion.