Recently Viewing

Anyone a Todd Solondz fan?

Happiness is one of my all time favorite movies. 

Went and Saw both You're Next and The World's End this weekend. Was really surprised by the former and disappointed by the latter. WE wasn't BAD it just wasn't very funny. Very well made and I still love Edgar Wright's style, it just didn't do much for me.

I'd heard You're Next was a lot better than it looked but I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. It's like this year's Cabin in the Woods (subtly so though). Really funny as well. Highly recommended to anyone who like horror movies.

I also went and saw You're Next tonight and I loved everything about it.  I also liked how so many of my current favorite horror directors actually played parts in the film as well.  It makes me even more mad that it took Lionsgate 2 years to finally get this out.  The wait was more than worth it though!

Thought the world's end was funny but the worst of the 3 in the ice cream trilogy

I went to the marathon they did of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End on Thursday. Seeing them all in a row was great.

There were parts of the new one that I loved, but on the whole yeah it's the worst of the 3. It's almost on par with Shaun and Hot Fuzz, I'm just not so sure how it will hold up on the second and subsequent viewings with how ridiculous it gets.

I went to the marathon they did of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End on Thursday. Seeing them all in a row was great.

There were parts of the new one that I loved, but on the whole yeah it's the worst of the 3. It's almost on par with Shaun and Hot Fuzz, I'm just not so sure how it will hold up on the second and subsequent viewings with how ridiculous it gets.

I had to work that Thursday, otherwise I would have went to the trilogy too.  It's been a while since I've seen Shaun and Hot Fuzz.  I'm planning on rounding up a couple friends for drinks and then The World's End, I'm sure I'll like it (no matter how it compares to the other two).  Plus, Edgar Wright is a killer director.

Watched Olympus Has Fallen last night and was pleasently surprised.

It's exactly what everyone said when the trailer first came out- Die Hard in the White House.

This is exactly what it was, and why I enjoyed it as much as I did. It harkens back to 80's action movies where they weren't trying to be more than mindless popcorn flicks. It's not meant to be a serious, edgy and visceral movie or a complex thriller grounded in reality.

It's very violent and they don't hold any punch regarding the display of violence and brutality on screen. Headshots, impalings, explosions and lots of deaths. It's a hard-R, which I appreciate. Too often most recent action movies are still trying to be as clean as possible to get a younger demo into theaters.

My biggest gripe is the patriotic message and imagry at the very end wasn't necessary. A bit syrupy-sweet for me.

Watched Olympus Has Fallen last night and was pleasently surprised. It's exactly what everyone said when the trailer first came out- Die Hard in the White House. This is exactly what it was, and why I enjoyed it as much as I did. It harkens back to 80's action movies where they weren't trying to be more than mindless popcorn flicks. It's not meant to be a serious, edgy and visceral movie or a complex thriller grounded in reality.  It's very violent and they don't hold any punch regarding the display of violence and brutality on screen. Headshots, impalings, explosions and lots of deaths. It's a hard-R, which I appreciate. Too often most recent action movies are still trying to be as clean as possible to get a younger demo into theaters. My biggest gripe is the patriotic message and imagry at the very end wasn't necessary. A bit syrupy-sweet for me.

Good lord I hated this movie... Talk about overacting... I knew there was a reason I hated Gerard Butler and this movie helped me realize "oh yeah, it's cause he's a terrible actor..."

Watched The Source Family last night.  Not a great documentary, but it kept my attention for the duration.  Can't highly recommend it, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it either.  Finished the first season of Six Feet Under as well.  I don't know if it's because the show is a little dated, but it feels a bit like a soap opera to me.  It's enjoyable, but I don't love it.  Might start season two this evening.

Quite possibly. I went into only knowing the premise and that numerous people have told me it's good, past that I didn't really have any information about it.

I totally get not liking it because that. I always found the soap style to be endearing but I understand what you mean.

Watched the s 3 opener for Hell on Wheels. So good. Still adjusting to new characters/plotlines.

Is the swede still around? I know he fell from the bridge but wasn't it off camara to leave ya wondering? Guess I should rewatch.

Watched Totoro with my boys. We all loved it. Bought the amazon bootleg studio ghibli dvds for 15 bucks. Terrible english dubs/subtitles. Videos pretty decent though. Gonna check out castle in the sky tonite if all goes well