Recently Viewing

Just watched Iron Man 3, it was ok for what it was.  It didn't seem to hold my attention completely and I found myself dicking around online a lot though.

Edit : Just watched all the episodes of Tiny Commando. I thought it was entertaining and a lot of familar faces pop up (Nick Kroll, Tim Heidecker, Thomas Lennon).  Worth taking the 45 minutes it takes to watch them all.

I recently discovered that My Name Is Earl is a good show to sit back and shut my brain off to after work.

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  The later seasons get a little more wholesome, which turned me off a bit, but it was fun for the overall.

Raising Home is what Greg Garcia (Earl's creator) is doing now.  The humor is similar, worth looking into if you dig Earl.

Garret Dillahunt is a national treasure.

I cannot argue with that statement.  I love it when he pops up in things randomly, especially after seeing him play such a goofy character on Raising Hope (Looper for example).

My recent viewings are as follows (I have way too much free time) :

Six Feet Under : Finished it a few days ago.  My initial feeling of it being like a soap opera only really applied to the first season.  I'm not sure if that's because they changed the style a bit or if I came to like the show much I didn't notice/care.  I loved it overall, I felt seasons 2/3 and the last half of the 5th were the strongest though.  Also, Brenda was fucking awful and she might be my least favorite fictional character of all time.  I cringed every damn time she was on the screen.  Even with that, still dug the show.

The Kings of Summer : I enjoyed it, but it fizzled a little for me about half way through.  The supporting cast was excellent (and really funny) and it was an overall well done movie.  Worth watching once or twice.

Save the Date : I expected more of a comedy based on the cast, but it definitely leaned harder on the (light) drama side.  It was good and worth the watch, but it really didn't blow me away.  I also learned that Lizzy Caplan has great legs, so that might have been worth the watch too.

Exit Through the Gift Shop : I'm glad I watched it, but I'm also glad I didn't rush to see it.

Seeing Prisoners tonight, I'm super stoked for it

I saw this last night and loved it. The mystery is pretty easy to figure out, but the movie never holds your hand and walks you through it. The filmmakers actually trust the audience, which is rare these days.  Most importantly, Roger Deakins does not fuck around. This movie is absolutely gorgeous. Seriously awesome cinematography.

I saw this last night and loved it. The mystery is pretty easy to figure out, but the movie never holds your hand and walks you through it. The filmmakers actually trust the audience, which is rare these days.  Most importantly, Roger Deakins does not fuck around. This movie is absolutely gorgeous. Seriously awesome cinematography.

i enjoy your take on the film.

Last night I watched The Curse of Chucky. It was pretty decent, made me laugh a few times. It gives some background to Charles Lee Ray as well which was nice. If you watch it, make sure to watch after the credits as well.

Watched this last night as well. Don Mancini really redeemed himself for the bride and seed of chucky movies, this one was a nice return to form. Fuck that Tiffany doll, so glad they got rid of her. I just wish

they had a cool death for chucky like the originals (melting his face, setting him on fire)

. But overall I enjoyed it.

Watched this last night as well. Don Mancini really redeemed himself for the bride and seed of chucky movies, this one was a nice return to form. Fuck that Tiffany doll, so glad they got rid of her. I just wish

they had a cool death for chucky like the originals (melting his face, setting him on fire)

. But overall I enjoyed it.

Yeah, I do agree with you there, it would have been nice for something like that to have occurred.

I found it hilarious when Nica crawls into the elevator toward the end and her legs become functional to get inside and shut the gate.

Had some downtime this week, so I blew through some movies.  Watched How To Make Money Selling Drugs, Indie Game - The Movie and The Puffy Chair.

Enjoyed all three.  I could easily recommend the first two, which were documentaries.  I usually don't watch non-music documentaries, but I'd heard good things about both.  The Puffy Chair probably won't be for most people, but I liked it.

Watched The East with my girlfriend last night.  It was really good from what I remember.  We were both pretty damn drunk so I'm pretty sure I should watch it again so I know what's going on exactly.

Just watched this the other night and did not care for it. I liked the idea, but didn't care for the execution. Everything was just too simple, not enough character development to actually get you engaged in anyone's motives (save for one singular character, but that ended up being too little too late).

Has anyone seen Man of Tai Chi yet? I am intrigued, but not sure that I care to pay the OnDemand price for it or wait.

Also, Ass Backwards is available VOD and iTunes today. June Diane Raphael (NTSDSUV, How Did This Get Made podcast, Burning Love) and Casey Wilson (SNL, Happy Endings) in a Romy and Michelle/Dumb and Dumber type flick. Getting really good reviews so far.

Also, Ass Backwards is available VOD and iTunes today. June Diane Raphael (NTSDSUV, How Did This Get Made podcast, Burning Love) and Casey Wilson (SNL, Happy Endings) in a Romy and Michelle/Dumb and Dumber type flick. Getting really good reviews so far.

I've been looking forward to that, those two girls are hilarious.  I'm going to try and get to it in the next few days, thanks for the heads up!