Recently Viewing

Watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful last night.  I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel the need to watch the next episode immediately.  I'll probably space the season out over the next week or so.  It definitely has a League of Extraordinary Gentleman feel to it, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing.

Watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful last night.  I enjoyed it, but I didn't feel the need to watch the next episode immediately.  I'll probably space the season out over the next week or so.  It definitely has a League of Extraordinary Gentleman feel to it, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing.

Same here, I've only watched two episodes in a three week span. I like the show as well, but it's not enough to make me want to watch it every week. From what I've heard, it really picks up on the third episode and then continues to get better. Heard that the season finale was "mind blowing" as well. As soon as I get back from vacation I plan on marathoning the rest of the season. Hopefully it's as good as everyone says it is. 

Binged and watched the 2nd half of Orange Is The New Black season 2 in the past two days.  Looking forward to seeing what season 3 will have in store.  

Now starting on Derek Season 2 since it is nice and short.  

Probably going to start the Killing next and see if I can catch up before new season comes out on netflix in August.

The only thing wrong with the second season of Derek was a lack of Karl pilkington. A bigger part for Kev kinda made up for it, though.

Derek is such a confusing show. I dont think i have ever seen anything that has a funny moment then 3 seconds later takes a hard right into something really sad or depressing.

Anyone else watching 24? I've really enjoyed this season. A lot to wrap up in the last hour.

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but I've really liked this season too.  I was pretty burnt out by it when they initially cancelled it, but now I'm really pleased that it's back.  I was initially happy they did a 12 episode season, but now I'm wishing there was more.  I'm hoping they do another season or two.

I took an Asian Cinema class last month and we watched so many amazing films. Just to name a few:

• Shower
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  • To Live
  • Tampopo (this is now one of my Top 10 films)
  • Rashomon
  • Ran
  • Joint Security Area
  • The Host
  • Shree 420

We also watched bits and pieces of like 20 others, and I really want to finish the majority of them. Tampopo was without a doubt my favorite out of the ones that we watched; it's very funny, but also has very touching and emotional moments, and the cinematography is incredibly well done. Also, it will make you crave ramen like nobody's business. I actually went to a Japanese restaurant and ordered a bowl of ramen as soon as we got out of class that day.