Recently Viewing

I am also in love with silicone valley. It's like Big Bang theory, if Big Bang theory wasn't the worst fucking show in the world.

I'm enjoying Silicon Valley, but it hasn't really hooked me yet.  I like the cast and I mostly like Mike Judge's work, but it has quite a bit of room for improvement.  Something about the conflict arises doesn't sit quite right with me.  I will agree that it's better than Big Bang Theory, that show is lazy, lowest common denominator garbage.

I'm enjoying Silicon Valley, but it hasn't really hooked me yet.  I like the cast and I mostly like Mike Judge's work, but it has quite a bit of room for improvement.  Something about the conflict arises doesn't sit quite right with me.  I will agree that it's better than Big Bang Theory, that show is lazy, lowest common denominator garbage.

The best part of the show is Kumail Nanjiani and Martin Starr going back and forth, those two definitely need more screentime.

This week I've watched Joe, Mean Girls, Ravenous, A Man Escaped, and Olympus Has Fallen.

All of them were dope and worth watching except Olympus Has Fallen which was a garbage movie for trash people. White House Down is where it's at for Die Hard in the White House movies. Joe was especially noteworthy because it contains a subtle (and very good) performance from Nic Cage.

Watched Dogtooth last night.  It was pretty slow, but kept my interest the whole time.

The best part of the show is Kumail Nanjiani and Martin Starr going back and forth, those two definitely need more screentime.

I agree completely.  Kumail is great in about everything, as is Starr.

Just watched the first episode of Fargo, and damn is it good. Still can't get over how crazy stacked the cast is.

Glad to hear. I have it recorded and plan on watching it tonight.

I don't see much about TV in this thread but I'm in love with HBO's silicon valley so far.

I like it so far too. Mostly because I'm a fan of T.J. Miller and Martin Starr. It definitely has some growing to do though. Doesn't even compare to Big Bang Theory. That show is garbage, but I think most shows with a laugh track are garbage. 

I watched the movie Hell Baby the other day. It was completely ridiculous, but I didn't hate it. It's what I would expect of Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon from Reno 911 doing a horror spoof movie. Completely over the top ridiculous. Not for everyone, but some people might enjoy it. 

Ravenous is one of my favorites. I enjoy it more and more every time I revisit it. Plus, that score. Goddamn!

Which Die Hard in the White House movie had Gerard Butler? I enjoyed that one, but skipped the Jaimie Fox/Channing Tatum buddy comedy version.

Someone on another (non-vinyl) forum said they tried to press the Ravenous score. They got to the point where all they needed was Damon Albarn to sign off on it but just could not get a hold of him or his agent/lawyer/whatever. Hopefully it happens some day.

Olympus Has Fallen had Gerard Butler. I just found the whole thing took itself waaaaay too seriously. It was just such a humorless slog. White House Down with Channing Tatum and Jamie Fox at least had a sense of humor/fun to it.

Seeing Dogtooth in a theater packed with rich old white people was hilarious.

I watched the movie Hell Baby the other day. It was completely ridiculous, but I didn't hate it. It's what I would expect of Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon from Reno 911 doing a horror spoof movie. Completely over the top ridiculous. Not for everyone, but some people might enjoy it. 

These names got me excited but the 4.8 on IMDB bummed me out. Not sure if I will watch. Loved Reno but that's a really bad rating.

Also, my fantasy baseball team this year is name new boot goofin. Best skit they had!

Fuck an IMDB rating, Hell Baby is funny enough to be worth 90 minutes of your time, especially if you're a fan of anyone involved. Keegan Michael Key is a national treasure.

Can't agree more Keegan is so damn funny in it, but the movie as a whole was a fun watch.

I think IMDB ratings for comedies and horrors need to be taken with a big grain of salt.  A comedy doesn't need to be a 'good movie' to merit a watch.  As long as it makes me laugh throughout, it did it's job.

Plus some of the best comedies are "dumb" and people like to feel like they're smart so they'll hate something that's actually hilarious. Hot Rod, for example, had terrible reviews AND box office numbers but I'll always be glad I saw it in theaters because it's amazing.

Definitely the same with horror movies. Most 80s slashers are trash, but god damn if it isn't fun and entertaining trash.

Edit: I just finished watching L'argent and it was just ok. If you're going to watch a Robert Bresson film, definitely watch A Man Escaped

Fuck an IMDB rating, Hell Baby is funny enough to be worth 90 minutes of your time, especially if you're a fan of anyone involved. Keegan Michael Key is a national treasure.

Agreed. I enjoyed Hell Baby and the cast is stacked with really great talent. Tom Lennon, Kumail Nanjiani, KMK, Paul Scheer, Rob Cordry and Rob Huebel, Leslie Bibb PLUS full frontal from Rikki Lindholm.

Totally worth a watch.

Speaking of Horror comedies Milo (or Bad Milo) is worth a watch if you liked Hell Baby. A little darker but in the same ballpark.

I think I said this months ago in this thread: Bad Milo is a better movie, but Hell Baby is funnier. Both are worth a watch.

But I'll watch anything with members of The State involved. Wet Hot American Summer is basically perfect. If you're reading this and haven't watched WHAS, fix that immediately.