Recently Viewing

I watched "I Know That Voice" last night and it was really good.

It's sort if a documentary/celebration of voice actors so if you're into that stuff it's a just watch!

I've had that on my computer for a little while and keep forgetting about it.  Glad to hear it's good, it sounded really interesting.

35mm Horror Fest yesterday:

Day of the Animals

Alone in the Dark (1982)

The Burning (X-rated cut)

Lady Terminator

Maniac (1980)

Mad Max

Awesome day and a mostly awesome lineup. I'd never seen Mad Max before and really didn't like it. Kind of a let down as a headliner, especially after the insanity of all the other movies.

Had a Criterion mini-marathon with my girlfriend this weekend.  We knocked out:

- Hunger

- Salo, or 120 Days Of Sodom

- The Game

- Breaking The Waves

- 13 Sins (not Criterion)

Every single one of those were so good.  Hunger because, well, Steve McQueen, Salo because it's fucking disgusting and entertaining, The Game because David Fincher, and Breaking The Waves because Lars Von Trier.  13 Sins was on Netflix and since we've seen the trailer before, we thought it looked good and decided to check it out.  Highly recommended if you liked Cheap Thrills.

Watched a few yesterday while my fiance was binge watching shark week shows.

I Am Divine:  Only knew him from the John Water's movies but did not know his back story.  An interesting doc.

The Grand Budapest Hotel:  I laughed alot at this and truely enjoyed it.  Probably my favorite of his since Royal Tenenbaums.

All Cheerleaders Die:  Thought it was pretty meh.  Could have done better with many features. 

The Purge: Anarchy- though better than the first, still quite the timewaster

13 Sins- dark comedy based horror that doesn't leave a lasting impression

Contracted- not a bad disease based horror flick, a bit depressing with its premise.  Low budget though enjoyable

100 Bloody Acres- Another low budget horror flick.  Black comedy at its best

Jug Face- Deliverance meets cult horror.  Fantastic flick

Raze- Tarantino meets Hostel meets Kung Fu flicks, pretty awesome film though it makes you feel pretty dirty by the end

I've been watching a lot of shitty horror flicks as of late

Trying to catch up on flicks I know that I should've watched years ago.

- Training Day-  Denzel is such an amazing actor.  Really enjoyed this one.

- Bronson-  what an interesting film, visually amazing, like a two hour work of art, great work by Tom Hardy

- Dead Poet's Society- in honor of Williams' passing, this is a must see.  what an amazing flick

Thoughts on that new Nolan film (forget the name -- about space colonization)?

If his name wasn't attached to it, I would have said it looked dumb based on the trailer. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt, though.

I think you're confusing Transcendence with Interstellar (the one that deals with space colonization), which is coming out later this year. He's directing Interstellar but only produced Transcendence because it's his usual cinematographer's directorial debut.

I'm super excited for Interstellar. If you think the trailer doesn't look great you should know that they are trying to keep as much of the movie under wraps as possible. The trailer only includes footage from the first act from what I've heard.

Speaking of Nolan, I watched Insomnia the other day. I hadn't seen it since going to the theater opening night. Solid flick.

^ I honestly feel like too much is being given away in some of those Interstellar trailers. Kind of like the trailers for Gravity. I want to know as little as possible when going into a movie like that.

I felt the same way before hearing that the majority of the movie takes place after what the trailer shows. I just hope I don't have to avoid a minefield of spoilers all over the Internet in the weeks before its released. That's probably what's going to happen though.

I also rewatched You're Next because they just put it up on Netflix. Awesome movie. Highly recommended if you're into slashers or horror in general.

I felt the same way before hearing that the majority of the movie takes place after what the trailer shows. I just hope I don't have to avoid a minefield of spoilers all over the Internet in the weeks before its released. That's probably what's going to happen though.

I also rewatched You're Next because they just put it up on Netflix. Awesome movie. Highly recommended if you're into slashers or horror in general.

Your Next, Evil Dead, and The Cabin in The Woods are my favorite horror movies in recent memory.

You ever see the original? It's incredible.

I've been meaning to watch it for years.I wish Criterion had it on Hulu+

Your Next, Evil Dead, and The Cabin in The Woods are my favorite horror movies in recent memory.

Yes. All three were awesome. YN and CitW were a bit better than ED, but I loved them all.

I think you're confusing Transcendence with Interstellar (the one that deals with space colonization), which is coming out later this year. He's directing Interstellar but only produced Transcendence because it's his usual cinematographer's directorial debut.

I was talking about the trailer for interstellar (saw before gotg). Just blanked on the name.

I was talking about the trailer for interstellar (saw before gotg). Just blanked on the name.

oh gotcha, i thought you were referencing what someone posted about a couple above you

but yeah, he gets my unwavering trust when it comes to his films. i wish he'd make another small budget film like memento again sometime soon though