Recently Viewing

Out of the Furnace last night.  I don't understand the poor reviews.  With a cast of Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, and William Defoe; I don't see how anyone could have not enjoyed this movie.  Super gritty bang bang shoot em up with a decent plot.  Not bad at all.  

Out of the Furnace last night.  I don't understand the poor reviews.  With a cast of Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, and William Defoe; I don't see how anyone could have not enjoyed this movie.  Super gritty bang bang shoot em up with a decent plot.  Not bad at all.  

Our of the Furnace was great.  One of Woody Harrelson's best performances IMO.  Surprised to hear it got bad reviews...

True Lies

A lot of fun even if it's weird to see a movie be playful about government agents abusing their power and terrorists setting of nuclear bombs on US soil. Really wish I had seen it when I was like 12 years old though. Seems like a perfect 12 year old boy movie. Too bad my mom was super serious about me not seeing R-rated movies. I mean, my dad was pretty cool about letting me see stuff sometimes, but he hated Schwarzenegger movies.

I haven't watched an episode of hell on wheels yet this season. In between keeping up and letting it go. Really enjoyed season 1 and 2, not as much 3.

Thoughts?

I haven't watched the third episode yet, but the first two have been good. The game is changing completely for everyone in the show. 

True Lies

A lot of fun even if it's weird to see a movie be playful about government agents abusing their power and terrorists setting of nuclear bombs on US soil. Really wish I had seen it when I was like 12 years old though. Seems like a perfect 12 year old boy movie. Too bad my mom was super serious about me not seeing R-rated movies. I mean, my dad was pretty cool about letting me see stuff sometimes, but he hated Schwarzenegger movies.

One of my absolute favorite movies. First saw it when I was 12.

You had me at "forgettable slasher" and then lost me forever with "musical"

One of my absolute favorite movies. First saw it when I was 12.

I just realized it's actually the last classic Schwarzenegger movie I hadn't seen. Now I'm kinda bummed there are no more that I can experience for the first time. I remember back in like second grade True Lies was one of those R-rated movies all the kids seemed to have seen. Of course my mom was like "Nope, they're lying. Only terrible parents let their children watch R-rated movies"

You had me at "forgettable slasher" and then lost me forever with "musical"

I didn't realize it was a musical going in, otherwise I'd probably have skipped it.  I knew it took place in a theater, but I didn't think it would be an actual musical.  Meatloaf was in it, that's about the only sell.

Dead Snow - it was entertaining, but nothing special. I did enjoy it enough that I'll watch the sequel.

Really enjoyed this one. Had no idea there's a sequel coming.

I just realized it's actually the last classic Schwarzenegger movie I hadn't seen. Now I'm kinda bummed there are no more that I can experience for the first time. I remember back in like second grade True Lies was one of those R-rated movies all the kids seemed to have seen. Of course my mom was like "Nope, they're lying. Only terrible parents let their children watch R-rated movies"

I saw it in the theatre with my dad. Then I wanted it for Xmas but my parents friends were like "You shouldn't buy that for him, it has Jamie Lee Curtis in her underwear dancing suggestively." No mention of the violence though :wacko:

Speaking of Ahnold,

watched Sabotage last night. Uninspired & silly. Enough's enough Mr. Schwarzenegger.

Also The Quiet Ones... it's been done a hundred times before. If nothing else at least give me some legit scares &/or violence/gore. This had neither.

At least they only cost me $1.94 total.

I heard it was better than the first one, but that isn't saying much at all.

Despite Andrew Garfield being a complete douchebag I found the 1st to be watchable albeit totally pointless. Part 2 was an overlong & tedious soap opera w/ a lame villain (Electro) & painful attempts at comedy that are never funny. I'm partial to Emma Stone but even she couldn't save this mess.