Recently Viewing

I want to see Tusk so bad.

Everyone I know who has seen it says its awesome.  Most reviews I have seen shit on it.  It made like zero money in the box office but all the marketing seemed to be super targeted and online driven.  The average person I am sure knows nothing about it or heard the premise and said no thank you.  It is destined to be a cult classic I am sure...

Watched Cold in July last night. Damn good slow burning crime drama. Michael C. Hall's performance was impressive, and I liked that the story was always moving in an unexpected direction. 80s themed moog-centric soundtrack was definitely a bonus. Recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched some stuff this week.  I watched both of the newer X-Men movies.  I really liked First Class, didn't like the new one much.

I also watched Are You Here and didn't really care for it.  It was really forgettable.  It was either an unfunny comedy or a really uninteresting drama.

Show is great. I feel like it really hits in season 2, but I haven't watched the first one in quite a while.

I am about half way through season 2. Season 4 is not on netflix yet unfortunately. Its one of those shows that i laugh at the absurdity more than anything else. Just all the quick oddball comments make it.

• 20 Feet From Stardom - Doc / Music - imdb

• A Band Called Death - Doc / Music - imdb

A Touch of Sin - Drama - imdb

Begin Again - Comedy / Drama / Music - imdb

Blue Is The Warmest Color - Drama / Romance - imdb

Blue Ruin - Thriller - imdb

Boyhood - Drama - imdb

Drug War - Action / Drama - imdb

Enough Said - Comedy / Drama - imdb

George Harrison: Living In The Material World -Doc / Music - imdb

In A World... - Comedy - imdb

Inside Llewlyn Davis - Drama / Music - imdb

Lore - Drama / Thriller - imdb

Muscle Shoals - Doc / Music - imdb

Nebraska - Comedy / Drama - imdb

Short Term 12 - Drama - imdb

Snowpiercer - Action / SciFi - imdb

The Sapphiers - Comedy / Music / Bio - imdb

The Punk Singer - Doc / Music - imdb

The Selfish Giant - Drama - imdb

The Spectacular Now - Comedy / Drama - imdb

Watched Cold in July last night. Damn good slow burning crime drama. Michael C. Hall's performance was impressive, and I liked that the story was always moving in an unexpected direction. 80s themed moog-centric soundtrack was definitely a bonus. Recommended.

One of my favorite movies this year!

Just watched Blue Ruin.  If you dig very, very dark, indie flicks that leave you feeling sad and a little bit depraved, please watch this flick.  Jeremy Saulnier (See Girl Run, Murder Party) wrote and directed this visually stunning nail-biter.  I really do recommend for anyone that enjoyed movies like Cold in July, The Lookout, and Martha Marcy May Marlene.  

Just watched Blue Ruin.  If you dig very, very dark, indie flicks that leave you feeling sad and a little bit depraved, please watch this flick.  Jeremy Saulnier (See Girl Run, Murder Party) wrote and directed this visually stunning nail-biter.  I really do recommend for anyone that enjoyed movies like Cold in July, The Lookout, and Martha Marcy May Marlene.  

100% agree!

Sex Tape - I was drunk and it still wasn't that entertaining.  I finished it, but I didn't get many laughs.

Life After Beth - It was a fun watch, but I couldn't see myself sitting through it again.

Witching & Bitching - It was a little long, but overall enjoyable.  The first 10 minutes are pretty amazing.  It's got really faced paced dialogue, so keeping up with the subtitles was a little difficult at times.