Every grocery store I've been to with a self checkout has one, the other, or both of 1) an alert when you scan alcohol that makes you go show your id to an attendant in order to continue and 2) Special caps on the bottles that get removed at the checkout (not that you couldn't get the alcohol by breaking the cap or bottle, but it would be a significant pain in the ass).

I mean, it's not like they keep the stuff in a safe or anything but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have some countermeasure to a 16 year old just going through the checkout.

Every grocery store I've been to with a self checkout has one, the other, or both of 1) an alert when you scan alcohol that makes you go show your id to an attendant in order to continue and 2) Special caps on the bottles that get removed at the checkout (not that you couldn't get the alcohol by breaking the cap or bottle, but it would be a significant pain in the ass).

I mean, it's not like they keep the stuff in a safe or anything but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have some countermeasure to a 16 year old just going through the checkout.

Special caps on the bottles that get removed at the checkout (not that you couldn't get the alcohol by breaking the cap or bottle, but it would be a significant pain in the ass).

they forgot to remove the cap on one of my bottles before. We tried everything to get it off. finally someone ended up stabbing it repeatedly until there was a small hole in the top that we could just pour the booze through. never actually did get the thing off.

they forgot to remove the cap on one of my bottles before. We tried everything to get it off. finally someone ended up stabbing it repeatedly until there was a small hole in the top that we could just pour the booze through. never actually did get the thing off.

That's awesome, those things are expensive as hell. Haha.

I'm checking the boards for the first time in quite awhile due to a combination of having no money to buy records and getting out of my apartment and doing things.  I'm kind of bummed that I don't keep with it as much as I used to, but also I've been feeling a lot happier so idk. 

tl;dr life is good but i miss u guyz 

I'm checking the boards for the first time in quite awhile due to a combination of having no money to buy records and getting out of my apartment and doing things.  I'm kind of bummed that I don't keep with it as much as I used to, but also I've been feeling a lot happier so idk. 

tl;dr life is good but i miss u guyz 

We missed you too!

I'll admit there should be something, but honestly I'm not seeing what it is, at all.  When I went through the checkout of the 8 lanes, and yes this is 8 lanes just for the liquor department, 5 had people checking themselves out and there wasn't an employee within eyesight.  There was a little employee kiosk right there but that was empty.  Perhaps there is some kind of new high tech facial recognition software that does a good job at gauging ages, or something similar but this is also Woodmans which is all about everything as cheap as possible. 

I guess I was just curious if this was a thing that was more norm or if others found it as fucked up as I did.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic