What kind of fucked up moral is that for a kid's story? They go all Cask of Amontillado on him because he's afraid to go out in the rain?

When you first posted that I half listened to it, and caught then end bit where it said, "but in the end isn't that was he deserved" or something similar.  I had to go back and watch the video to make sure that Henry wasn't a terrorist, or didn't molest children, or something equally terrible.  When I found out that he was locked in a tunnel because he was a bit of a narcissist, I was a bit dumbfounded.

Ah well I guess the moral of the story is obedience to authority? 

Heck I know that I would have never misbehaved as a child if I knew that my parents would break my legs and entomb me alive.

Maybe a tad off topic for what's being discussed at the moment, but I gotta get this out.

So yeah... for the past year I've been out of the country for school/work and other stuff like that. I got so totally used to life over there, and I learned to love it. It became like my new home. But I had to come back in May and have been home ever since.

Today was my first day of classes for my senior year in college. And holy crap. I feel so freaking overwhelmed right now. Being back home hasn't really hit me that hard up until this point. But today it hit me like a truck. 

Horrible day. :(

=\ I wish I had some sort of advice for you.  It sounds like some sort of reverse culture shock since you've been away from home for so long.  Just try to take it one thing at a time, one class at a time, one day at a time, etc.  I find that if you slow everything down and face things head on, your mind will allow itself to defog and things will become easier.

Good luck!

=\ I wish I had some sort of advice for you.  It sounds like some sort of reverse culture shock since you've been away from home for so long.  Just try to take it one thing at a time, one class at a time, one day at a time, etc.  I find that if you slow everything down and face things head on, your mind will allow itself to defog and things will become easier.

Good luck!

Yeah I hope so. Thanks. :)

I thought we were past this...Eric, you were doing pretty good for a while - but it's clear you're starved for attention.

No I was just listening to my music and I was like "Shit I have a perfect taste in music" and I really enjoy showing people new bands and I have a large taste in music so I could help people find some new tunes. Because more than anything I love showing people new music. I love music so very much.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic