That's REALLY weird because I was at a backyard BBQ a couple years ago and this gal was talking about a student she had once while substitute teaching back before she got her permanent teaching job and that was one of the students names in the class.

This was about three plus years ago and my friend worked for LG doing in store training at Best Buy's and Home Depot's and such in the Sacramento area. La-a was one of the people who worked at one of the stores she visited.

I used to hang around with some shady characters. They all had nicknames. Money, Paper, Shorty V, Tweet the G. I swear to god. I never knew anyone's real name. my friend had a baby with Money and they named it DeTrivelle. don’t really know where I’m going with this, but I typed it and now it’s here so I’ll just leave it.

That's REALLY weird because I was at a backyard BBQ a couple years ago and this gal was talking about a student she had once while substitute teaching back before she got her permanent teaching job and that was one of the students names in the class.

Really really weird because I have also heard this story before. I guess La-a is becoming a popular name.

There was this other friend of mine who worked at a military hospital. This mother brings in her twin boys. Their names are...and I have to spell them how they sound first:

Or-an-jah-lo and Gruh-pan-jah-lo

The spelling: Orangejello and Grapejello.

jello_orange.jpg

jello_grape.jpg

Reminds me of...

I used to hang around with some shady characters. They all had nicknames. Money, Paper, Shorty V, Tweet the G. I swear to god. I never knew anyone's real name. my friend had a baby with Money and they named it DeTrivelle. don’t really know where I’m going with this, but I typed it and now it’s here so I’ll just leave it.

And what was your nickname is that group!?

Really really weird because I have also heard this story before. I guess La-a is becoming a popular name.

Just came across this: http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

And what was your nickname is that group!?

It would be awesome if it was La-a.

And also:

666.jpg

Just came across this: http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/le-a.asp

It would be awesome if it was La-a.

Damn! Well, now I'm bummed there probably aren't that many people named Le-a or La-a out there.

you have NO idea how happy i am to see buttbuttbutt back in place

Haha, I won't change it again. I swear.

Madie, I have a friend Maiti, pronouced "Maddie," but always gets "may-tea"

I'm sure she feels your pain.

Also:

Le-a pronounced "Ledasha," would technically be incorrect since in that context "-" is considered a hyphen. But assuming it's real...the mother probably isn't concerned about being grammatically correct.

Also, Ashton - I've known many people with the name Ashton, both boys and girl. Not sure why people think that one's hard...

I also used to get mad when people spelt my name Zach instead of Zac...but it really doesn't matter anymore. I was Zach until 7th grade anyway. It doesn't affect the pronunciation of it, so I couldn't care less.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic