According to the internet, about 10x more likely in women. 

You never really had a fair chance. 

Oh, wow.  Well to be fair there are also a slew of conditions that are more prominent in males. =\  Such as life I guess.

I've been trying not to look anything up on the internet about this new thing because I don't want to freak myself out before I talk with my doctor in detail about it.

Thanks guys. She was suffering so it was for the best but still hard as shit. This was the fourth dog I've had to put down, and it never gets easier. She was my dog for the last 11 years, so going to my parents house now and seeing it empty is going to be tough.

Oh gosh that is always so hard. :( I'm so sorry, Mark.  She's no longer in pain, just try to keep that in mind.  I know it's easier said than done.

Handful of co-workers recently have had Thyroid problems.  Both ladies who had it wound up getting medication dosage figured out pretty quickly so they are feeling great and don't have to many issues to worry about.  The dude has had more problems getting the meds figured out.  Worst case scenario, which  is still not likely, is killing off his thyroid.  Best of luck with your thyroid issues.

Sorry to the guy who is putting down his dog too.

i just saw myself in a documentary about skatopia on netflix. it made my fucking night and brought back many many memories!

haha i love it when you find yourself in random vids/photos. im in a spin mag shot where fountains of wayne were underneath the mushroom fountain at bonnaroo.  i'm there getting soaked and enjoying my hippie life.  i'm also in a felice brothers vid but I havent been able to track that down.

I got a call about an hour ago from my doctor telling me that I have a thyroid disorder.

Today keeps crapping on me.

/threadbummer

Do you know which one? My buddy have Graves, and as soon as he got on meds he felt and is doing a ton better. He has lost like 40 pounds from it too, and got back to a healthy weight fast.

Do you know which one? My buddy have Graves, and as soon as he got on meds he felt and is doing a ton better. He has lost like 40 pounds from it too, and got back to a healthy weight fast.

No I don't.  I see the doctor on Wednesday about it, but over the phone the woman used the terms "high HTS," "underactive," "tiredness," and "weight issues."  That's all I got. =\

I do have the worst time losing weight, but I thought my birth control pill was to blame.  I suppose not.  Hopefully I can get everything balanced relatively easily.

^ im nominating you as den mother

I can't tell if this is a bad thing or a good thing.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic