I was there, haha. Such a good song.

I'm glad they have been going back to some Ultimate Alternative Wavers material too. Revolution was great to see.

Awesome. Have you ever asked Doug about that pre-production Perfect From Now On cassette you have? Where'd you get it from?

Awesome. Have you ever asked Doug about that pre-production Perfect From Now On cassette you have? Where'd you get it from?

I didn't get around to asking him the past times I have seen them but I plan to at one of the upcoming shows this December. I'm pretty curious about it. I got it off Discogs before the listing was deleted due to it being a non-commercial item that apprently Discogs doesn't want on there.

Ok, so we had the conversation about grilled cheese sandwiches the other day...but what are people's thoughts on BLTs? For me, I think they're bullshit. Why make a sandwich only containing the things that I would put on my sandwich?

EQ9a6.gif

BLTs are delicious. I also really enjoy making a sandwich and just putting veggies, couple slices of cheese, and avocado on it. 

One of my favorite sammy's.

Isnt a grilled cheese sammy the same as a BLT in regards to 'sandwiches only containing the things you'd put in a sandwich?'

And only one ingredient at that.

I would say "yes, to a degree." But there are thousands of cheeses and they take on another form when grilled or melted. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes are all pretty universal to an extent (tomatoes have varieties that do taste different..i get that) but they are pretty much the same at all times.

I feel like my social life is relegated pretty heavily to Facebook these days. I make a lot of posts; I try to keep it funny and creative. I post a lot of anecdotes and short stories.

But reading other people's shit is making me want to reevaluate why I'm friends with these people in real life. I'm finding my friends increasingly believing stupid conspiracy theories, anti-science crap, and just generally posting things I'd rather not know about them.

One of my friends just posted she "can feel the pull of the moon more than usual tonight, even through the clouds." You dumb hippie. You dumb, dumb hippie.

A lot of my friends believe in chemtrails and stuff now, too. And they've all started swearing off vaccines and bla, bla, bla. Bottom line, I feel like I need new friends. Social media has given me a window into their shit that might not have come up in real life. **********, I respect and like you, but going on about doing a crossfit regimen to honor a dead soldier is perverse and weird and I don't even think I can look you in the eye anymore.

I'm rambling. But maybe someone else has had a similar experience. I have a shitty ass schedule and I can't really see friends often in real life anymore. Adulthood!

I feel like my social life is relegated pretty heavily to Facebook these days. I make a lot of posts; I try to keep it funny and creative. I post a lot of anecdotes and short stories.

But reading other people's shit is making me want to reevaluate why I'm friends with these people in real life. I'm finding my friends increasingly believing stupid conspiracy theories, anti-science crap, and just generally posting things I'd rather not know about them.

One of my friends just posted she "can feel the pull of the moon more than usual tonight, even through the clouds." You dumb hippie. You dumb, dumb hippie.

A lot of my friends believe in chemtrails and stuff now, too. And they've all started swearing off vaccines and bla, bla, bla. Bottom line, I feel like I need new friends. Social media has given me a window into their shit that might not have come up in real life. Jennifer, I respect and like you, but going on about doing a crossfit regimen to honor a dead soldier is perverse and weird and I don't even think I can look you in the eye anymore.

I'm rambling. But maybe someone else has had a similar experience. I have a shitty ass schedule and I can't really see friends often in real life anymore. Adulthood!

this girl i'm seeing is all into yoga and stuff and they have the day off tomorrow for "moon day". I dunno she hasn't really explained it in detail yet, but every full moon, she feels a little off and it's rather noticeable. its a strange strange world.

also. not a hippie.

Haha. I edited a name out and you quoted it. D'oh! I was trying to "protect the innocent" from a couple people I know that read this forum.

I read that and thought...what the fuck? I mean...moon pull? Even through clouds? The moon pulls on the earth constantly, regardless of phase. Why is today special? Harvest moon? That literally means nothing other than it has a special name.

Also, this is going to sound way meaner than intended but...yoga? Textbook hippie. :-P

A lot of my friends believe in chemtrails and stuff now, too. And they've all started swearing off vaccines and bla, bla, bla. Bottom line, I feel like I need new friends. Social media has given me a window into their shit that might not have come up in real life. **********, I respect and like you, but going on about doing a crossfit regimen to honor a dead soldier is perverse and weird and I don't even think I can look you in the eye anymore.

The chemtrails man! Whatch out for the trails!

Haha just kidding. I remember my ex would talk about those and was into those conspiracy

Theory things. People are just crazy!

*internet high-five*

They're playing two shows here in SLC on this tour. One in October and one in November. I'm really excited for them. I'm interested to hear how the new band members play. What was the setlist like?

Another internet high-five for you, sir! BtS are my favorite band in the world and Doug is my musical idol. He is the man.

New band members rule. Saw them play a few times with them and it was great. Jason (bassist) was already one of my favorite musicians. Duster are one of my favorite bands next to BtS. Seeing them three more times this year including a New Year's Eve show! I can't fucking wait.

And setlists have been pretty standard. Check setlist.fm to get a general idea.

Cheers, guys!

Thanks for posting about setlist.fm! Now I know what the opener was! I only have two of their records (KILAS and There's No Enemy...sadly not on vinyl) so I was also hoping to stock up on BtS vinyl but they didn't have any of their records at the show...

Next show on my schedule: Sebadoh. Still undecided...maybe I should give the new album a try.

Haha. I edited a name out and you quoted it. D'oh! I was trying to "protect the innocent" from a couple people I know that read this forum.

I read that and thought...what the fuck? I mean...moon pull? Even through clouds? The moon pulls on the earth constantly, regardless of phase. Why is today special? Harvest moon? That literally means nothing other than it has a special name.

Also, this is going to sound way meaner than intended but...yoga? Textbook hippie. :-P

trust me, i dont get it either nor do i know, but when i find out you'll be the first to know!

yep. yoga. every fucking day at 4:45am. i'll tell ya, she sure is quite bendy!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic