My mom gave my family quite a scare earlier in the week. She has been going to a chiropractor to rehab some shoulder pain she's been having. The pain is from a pinched nerve due to an irregular curve in her upper spine. She didn't look very good on Wednesday but still decided to go to her appointment at the chiro. She ended up having severe chest pain and trouble breathing before they even started any work on her. They rushed her to the ER and we found out that she had a pneumothorax, or a partially collapsed lung. Somehow air had escaped her lung and entered her chest cavity causing extreme pressure and pain. She was able to come home from the hospital last night but she's still in rough shape. She's gotta take it easy for the next 2 weeks while the air leaves her chest cavity. Unfortunately, heart problems run in her side of the family and that was our first thought when she was taken to the ER. I'm just glad this had nothing to do with her heart and that she's alright. 

My mom gave my family quite a scare earlier in the week. She has been going to a chiropractor to rehab some shoulder pain she's been having. The pain is from a pinched nerve due to an irregular curve in her upper spine. She didn't look very good on Wednesday but still decided to go to her appointment at the chiro. She ended up having severe chest pain and trouble breathing before they even started any work on her. They rushed her to the ER and we found out that she had a pneumothorax, or a partially collapsed lung. Somehow air had escaped her lung and entered her chest cavity causing extreme pressure and pain. She was able to come home from the hospital last night but she's still in rough shape. She's gotta take it easy for the next 2 weeks while the air leaves her chest cavity. Unfortunately, heart problems run in her side of the family and that was our first thought when she was taken to the ER. I'm just glad this had nothing to do with her heart and that she's alright. 

thats intense, glad your mum is doing better, all the best to her. how does one recover from that? what do they do?

This freaked me out. I went to the dr today due to a severe pinched nerve in my shoulder blade. I skipped work. Couldn't move. Glad she's fine. I'm on heavy muscle relaxers.

Dentist appointment in the morning. So excited.

The one I had a few days ago was extremely pleasant.  I have some minor work that needs to be done, probably next month and I'm kind of looking forward to going back.  It's an odd feeling looking forward to a dentist visit, but I am a bit.

I just got a deep cleaning so my appt tomorrow to make sure they got everything and take xrays. I just 1. don't want to wake up early (ever) 2. dread them saying that they still need to clean some more and strap me to that chair again.

I don't look forward to the work but I look forward to having healthy chompers, so I see what you mean.

I have a new benefits plan through work that doesn't start until next year, but I'm going to have to pick a new dentist than the one I've been going to since I was 10.  That dude replaced my two front teeth when I was a kid.

Although my visits are usually okay and I'm really good about my hygene, I'm extremely scared I'm gonna get some dude who's gonna take one look at my mouth and be like 'what. the. fuck.'  Any of you guys ever see the movie The Dentist?  :o

I started having pain again tonight from what I thought was acid reflux. The pain got so intense that I went to the ER. It was the worst pain I've ever had in my life. Turns out it was actually gall stones. I'm staying the night in the hospital and having surgery in the morning. This is my first time in a hospital, and I'm a little nervous... :/

Oh no :( I hope your mom recovers quickly!

A guy I grew up with had that happen to him while he was playing volleyball in 12th grade gym back when we were in high school. It was really scary, but he recovered 100%.  I'm sure your mom will do the same.

I started having pain again tonight from what I thought was acid reflux. The pain got so intense that I went to the ER. It was the worst pain I've ever had in my life. Turns out it was actually gall stones. I'm staying the night in the hospital and having surgery in the morning. This is my first time in a hospital, and I'm a little nervous... :/

Whoa. Well its definitely good that you went to the ER and you have a diagnosis.  Once the surgery is done and you're into recovery you will feel so much better!

exact thing happened to me. in my car accident i broke my sternum along with other shit, but doctor told me that i would be most likely have chest pains on and off for a while, because it probably didnt heal correctly. you cant cast a chest, since breathing is always moving it. anyway so i was having these chest pains, real bad ones. to where it took my breath away and i had to lay down or do something to feel comfortable. they would only last a few minutes. weird thing was that it come and go so fast, like nothing happened. so about a year later i had one pain that was the worst, dropped me down and brought me to the ER. of course im waiting in the ER forever and i finally get called in. once im in there the pain goes away. i was so pissed. but they took xrays and did their tests and yeah i had gall stones. put the dye in me through IV and it feels like youre pissing your pants. its wild.

from past surgeries this one was a breeze and recovery time is quick. i was there for less than 6hrs and at my friends house the same night. you'll be sore and tired and i dont bame you about being nervous, i still get freaked out in hospitals. you'll have a new diet to follow now, which i dont 100% but i should. you'll feel a lot better once its out!

The pissing iv juice struggle is real! I had to have a bunch of scans done before my splenectomy to make sure they're wasn't any other spleen tissue in my body. Apparently the spleen can grow back by itself if the body senses the tissue somewhere.

hahha, dude its crazy. ive had it done a handful of times and everytime i think to myself "ok its gonna feel like im pissing my pants i know that im not" and then it finally happens "holy shit im pissing my pants!" i wish there was a way we could show people haha.

and spleens are wild. my buddy damaged his in the car accident but was minor enough to have it heal on its own.

Oh wow, my mom had a full collapsed lung, it's serious business, I'm gald yours is okay best of wishes 

hope your surgery went well and you're hooked up on the meds sleeping!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic