Timing belt, or a transmission issue are the most likely problems (with those symptoms). It could be any number of things though. Cars are annoying like that.

Edit: Timing belts are usually good for 95-105k on Hondas. So that is most likely the problem.

The timing belt was replaced 2 months ago.  I was told by my pops and the FDNY fella that if it were the timing belt, the car wouldn't even start.  The car idles fine, it's just when it's in gear that it makes these horrid sounds.  He was stopped at the intersection and the second he gave the car a little gas, it made all of these sounds and shat out. =\

great news!

Yes! He feels much better about the situation.

woo!

also quick poll which is worse, having car problems three payments before it's paid off or right after it's entirely paid off?

I think it would be worse if it was entirely paid off, especially in this case.  His car payments are over $500 a month, so if the car was totaled, he would probably be saving close to $2000 in car payments.  But both are crappy!

Also, he saw your post over my shoulder and he was like "Whoa that's so weird because I have car problems AND 3 months left on my payments!" Oh, youuuuuu.

Axle is not too bad, it could have been a broken ball-joint, which are a bitch to tow and can be expensive to fix.

Yeah he definitely lucked out with this one!  I hope the mechanic does an overall check on the car while they're making the axle repair so he can try to keep the car in a good of condition as possible to try to avoid things like this (or worse) from happening.  Especially with the mileage so high on his car.

Thanks everyone. =]

Huh. Just found out I caught lice from my girlfriend who most likely caught them from kids at the day care she works at. Kinda wish I didn't have hair halfway down my back. Fuckin'.. ew. Anyhoo, did the shampoo/comb/freezeorwasheverythingiown routine. Fuckers are dead but I've been scratching my head maniacally all day. Pretty sure its psychological but dang. Ew.

holy damn that is a high car payment

Yeaaaaaah he had some pretty bad credit by the time his lease was up and couldn't find a cosigner when he went to buy it out.  He was driving 3 hrs a day at the time commuting to and from work so he was kind of backed into a corner and had no other options really.  BUT it's almost over! haha.

I've been smoking my ecigarette every day now as opposed to only when I'm drinking/socializing with other smokers. I quit cigarettes almost two years go, but I've smoked actual cigs a handful of times since. I fucking miss it. I get scared that I'll go back to it sometimes.

get rid of everything nicotine while you can still control it.  i did that same thing back in march or so.  today, i'm 3 weeks off the cigs.  just think of the stupid amount of money you spend and how bad you smell.

so how about this. my exgirlfriend who is now married who I was planning on proposing to when we were together just wished me a happy 11-11. obviously this means nothing to everyone here. but 11-11 was our anniversary and it was our "thing" if you will. always making a wish when the clock hit that time, etc etc. out of the blue sent me a message on Facebook wishing me a happy 11-11 and then said how itll always be a special day.

dont know why I am telling everyone. I just needed to tell someone.

so how about this. my exgirlfriend who is now married who I was planning on proposing to when we were together just wished me a happy 11-11. obviously this means nothing to everyone here. but 11-11 was our anniversary and it was our "thing" if you will. always making a wish when the clock hit that time, etc etc. out of the blue sent me a message on Facebook wishing me a happy 11-11 and then said how itll always be a special day.

I can sense an under the table fist pump

I want to say very rude things about this girl, but I'll hold back and just say not fucking cool.

Send her husband the message she sent you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic