No but if you're ever in Merrit Island or Suntree, FL and need a cupcake fix. Merri Cakes is where its at. 

UPS just stopped in front of my house, shut off their van, and then the driver got out and stood in my yard talking on his cellphone for a good ten minutes. While this is happening, someone else hops out of the truck with a package....carries it to the mail boxes, sets it down, picks it back up, looks at the mail boxes, walks around my house and then returns to the truck...still with the package.

I'm pretty sure they saw me staring at them from the windows and I turned on the lights for them, but I have absolutely no clue what happened.

Starting now, not going to buy any beer for at least a month to save money.

Having a shmancy pants turntable better be worth it.

Sounds like the saddest month ever, at least February is short?  You should just do two months of Lonestar instead!  2 months of cheap beer > than 1 month of no beer!

Thanks, Nicky!

I was sleeping when you wrote that but I'm probably a real attractive sleeper.

I'm so sad because we were supposed to be hit with an ice storm and as much as I hate cold and love work, I was really looking forward to potentially having the day off. But no, we got nothing and my brother's school STILL cancelled.

I went to the same school and a few years ago they wouldn't cancel unless you physically could not leave your home/there was a weather road ban.

Yeah i'm probably going to be leaving early today.

I am so mad this morning.  I've been paying ridiculous amounts of money on my lens layaway.  Canon had a $300 mail in rebate on the lens, so I got all the stuff together to mail it out.  The owners of the store let me cut the barcode off the box and everything (because I used to work there) so I could mail in the rebate in time since the cutoff was 1/4/14.  I got a letter from Canon the other day stating that my rebate was declined because the date was cutoff my receipt so they couldn't verify that I bought it before 1/4.  It doesn't matter that I mailed it on 12/27 I guess, because I could be some kind of time traveler or something trying to pull one over on them.

Seriously, is it really worth it to them, as huge a company as they are, to withhold $300 from me when I'm paying $2500 for their product?

What the hell. Ashton, that's such a bummer/ridiculous situation. Write them a letter stating how offended you are, and that you won't buy from canon ever again.

Threats really can fix a situation.

Smaller businesses= sad, heartbreaking letters

Huge corporations= angry, "I won't give you my business ever again" letters.

Unless it's Chipotle or Taco Bell. Sad but funny heartbreaking letters win you free food.

I called them and I told them that I'm looking at my copy of the receipt and I can see the date it the top left corner.  She said she was going to pull my submission packet and look it over and then make notes in my account so I can call back later to see what she found.  I'm hoping they'll at least let me email it to them or something as proof if for some reason the date IS cut off.  But I really don't remember it being that way and I made sure everything was in tact when I mailed it.

I'm taking that route to writing a letter to a tortilla company... I bought a pack of their tortillas and put them in the fridge as they package stated to do.  We went to have burritos the other night and the ENTIRE stack of tortillas are stuck together.  Nothing will get them apart without ripping them.

Hopefully it all works out and I don't think I've ever had that issue with tortillas. I hope they send you free ones for life.

My letter to Chipotle was seriously the most ridiculous thing and so beyond over dramatic. The girl that replied even played into it in her response and then sent me coupons for two free burritos. It was amazing.

I'm thinking about writing Taco Bell a letter about how they won't follow me on twitter or @reply me and it's ruining my life. Just to see what they'd say. My friend Emily's twitter is @ilovetacobell and they refuse to follow her, it's hilarious.

Free stuff rules.

I think in my letter to Taco Bell I'm going to tell them the only way to mend my broken heart is to send me a large poster of a crunchwrap supreme autographed by a Mr. Taco Bell himself.

I don't know who Mr. Taco Bell is, but I want his autograph.

Who's really attractive when they sleep though? And then you have all of these singer/songwriters talking about how they wake before the girl just to watch them sleep. Fuck that. Mouth all hanging open and drool coming out. What's romantic about that? Hah

I sleep like a boss.

photo_zps1e0f6190.png

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic