I like the sound of that. Have you recorded anything yet? Do you have a link so I can check it out?

We have a band camp but all of the recordings were done on a cell phone and before I played bass for them. I'd recommend checking out the track 'Cers' if you feel so inclined. 

azimuth6.bandcamp.com

Tonight sucked.  I had plans to play beer darts in my backyard with my friend, but then he bailed because his girlfriend was mad at him.  So that was lame.  Then I texted two of my other friends just for conversation out of boredom, and neither of them answered, but one was active on social media all night.  So that was also lame.  My whole family is out of town, so its just me and my dog at my house, so we watched Game of Thrones all night while I drank blue Gatorade.  Now I'm laying in bed, getting ready to watch more Game of Thrones, probably until 4 AM.  

I used to throw them at things.

There are two kinds of people...

I've been doing insanely well in my recent class. Our new platform shows the class average and all of my grades have been higher. On top of it, I keep getting more and more great career news. I feel like a million bucks.

My Dad is retiring on May 30th and starting a new job that pays at least twice as much on June 2nd... Because of this, he told me yesterday that since he'll have his pension and his new income that he's going to pay off my student loan balances for me because I've been struggling with all of these medical issues with doctors and prescriptions that my insurance won't pay for.  I didn't have many student loans to begin with because I had money put away from when I did acting as a kid, but this still helps me so much and I want to cry.

um. holy shit thats awesome. congrats!

My Dad is retiring on May 30th and starting a new job that pays at least twice as much on June 2nd... Because of this, he told me yesterday that since he'll have his pension and his new income that he's going to pay off my student loan balances for me because I've been struggling with all of these medical issues with doctors and prescriptions that my insurance won't pay for.  I didn't have many student loans to begin with because I had money put away from when I did acting as a kid, but this still helps me so much and I want to cry.

Holy crap, that's incredible! Give your dad an extra hug for me! 

I will do that haha.  Yesterday he asked me if I hated my name because he "was dumb and only 22" when he had me and thought he could've done better on my name.  I told him no and that me & you bonded over the fact that we have gender neutral names and that we like our names because of that lol.

um. holy shit thats awesome. congrats!

Yeah it's beyond awesome.  He told me some other things too that I'm extremely grateful for, but those are distant plans yet.

I will do that haha.  Yesterday he asked me if I hated my name because he "was dumb and only 22" when he had me and thought he could've done better on my name.  I told him no and that me & you bonded over the fact that we have gender neutral names and that we like our names because of that lol.

Yeah it's beyond awesome.  He told me some other things too that I'm extremely grateful for, but those are distant plans yet.

Yes! Gender neutral names are awesome! Minus people constantly thinking I'm someone's boyfriend, ahahaha. 

that is so awesome!! :]

my parents still apologize to me for not being able to help more with my student loans, but they're both teachers and aren't exactly rich, haha. plus, they both helped with my sister and i as much as they could, and for that i'm grateful.

My great grandparents are the only wealthy people in my family but they're constantly convinced that they're going broke and saying that they can't afford bread. My grandpa takes care of them and every time we go to see them he's like "they're immortal, you're never getting an inheritance to pay off those student loans." 

Regardless, if and when they do pass...I'm very thankful that they'll be leaving me money to help with my loans. They actually think I'm satan because I dye my hair and have a nose piercing, so my grandfather actually had to fight them to leave me in the will. So that was fun. 

i've found that the ones who have all the money constantly poor mouth, and the ones who don't are the most generous. example: my mom's dad (my pop pop) has tonnnnns of money; he was the plant manager at a textile mill for years, and did really well with his investments, too. he is literally living off the interest of his investments. when we go visit him, he doesn't even pay for our meal if we go out to eat. latest example: my aunt went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for him (she lives probably half an hour away and does most of the running for him). she paid something like $37.85 for his stuff, and asked him for a check for $38. he fought with her over whether she should have rounded that number down to $37 cuz $38 was overcharging him. OH OK SIR.

my dad's dad was a mail man his whole life and while he wasn't poor, he didn't have much. if my dad drove up to visit or check on him, he'd ALWAYS insist on giving him gas money, and buy dinner for us all. he was always trying to slip money to my sister and i.

not saying that's always the case, but in my experience it is.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic