Ah, I was never really into gaming. I skateboarded instead. Really wanted to own my own skate shop, but all 3 of the local shops I would go to closed down. Between mailorder and Zumiez, local shops really took a hit.

I wasn't a gamer either. I started working there when we sold PCs, Macs, and Amigas as well as productivity software and hardware upgrades.

I said nothing about physical appearances. Haha... the big issue was really parents yelling at us over the shortages and fighting us for them when they were in Stock

Be happy that that was never an issue when I went there!  My aunt took me, my brother, and my two cousins and she just waited outside the store until we all came out with our packs of cards haha.  Simpler times.

So behind on this thread, sorry in advance haha

i worked for a company that was a vendor inside of six flags. it was a fucking nightmare. the job itself was the worst i've ever had, but then having to do it in six flags was literal hell.

the people who run that show are about as close as you can come to nazis without having swastikas on their foreheads. and i think the only thing preventing them from going that far is their strict policy against tattoos.

I completely agree. Standing for 8 hours, you'd get yelled at if you tried to sit, or were even leaning. I'd go in for my shift, get my break after 2 hours, then have to work for 6 hours straight, because that makes sense. And god forbid you forgot to bring water with you, because they'd bitch if you asked for some.

My sister worked at FYE for a bit.  She always told me I could use her discount, but I never did due to the fact that their shit was so overpriced that after her discount it was the price I could go pay at places like best buy or circuit city (RIP).  

Working at Six flags does sound like a nightmare.

Worked there for almost a year and I honestly don't think I ever used my discount. Way too expensive. But the worst part of that job was how they hassle you to sell magazine subscriptions and membership cards. I remember them doing a contest, and whoever sold the least had to clean the bathrooms. They'd always say 'whoever sells the most this shift gets to work on Sunday!' (for time and a half) as if that was a reward. Dicks.

if you get with the right company, you can make bank in retail management (well, so far as jobs that don't require a degree). my friend was making close to $60k a year managing a VS (with bonuses), but the stress just became too much to deal with.

This is true. I'm still working on my degree but I'm not complaining about what I make working retail. It's taken years to get here though

Guest stl_ben.

(I'm afraid to post any .gifs now, the ghost of the ghost of randy savage might haunt me.)

EDIT: which is what my user name should have been, I realize.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic