I sat and stared at nothing at my place of employment for two hours on my day off, on my birthday, once because my roomate/boss had to "stop in for a second"

I got some socks for my bday once, it was glorious I still own them

My parents and sister all went to Arizona on my birthday last year. I was home alone and through a decent house party. Win/Loss

This isn't a game about who has it worst. I have every right to complain about my situation, yes I acknowledge my situation and understand that I'm grateful to be it, but that doesn't make my problems any less of a problem for me. Sitting on a boat you didn't want to be on with people you for the most part don't even like, your entire first week of summer doesn't sound fun or appealing. Just remember that when you're happy people don't come up to you and say "someone won the lottery today" or something else better than you have.

No matter what situation you're in it has it's ups and downs and you have every right to complain about those ups and downs because emotions are part of being human, and expressing emotions is a good thing.

I understand that you could just be sharing your birthday experiences with me but I think you guys are trying to call my situation petty, and I don't appreciate that.

This isn't a game about who has it worst. I have every right to complain about my situation, yes I acknowledge my situation and understand that I'm grateful to be it, but that doesn't make my problems any less of a problem for me. Sitting on a boat you didn't want to be on with people you for the most part don't even like, your entire first week of summer doesn't sound fun or appealing. Just remember that when you're happy people don't come up to you and say "someone won the lottery today" or something else better than you have.

No matter what situation you're in it has it's ups and downs and you have every right to complain about those ups and downs because emotions are part of being human, and expressing emotions is a good thing.

I understand that you could just be sharing your birthday experiences with me but I think you guys are trying to call my situation petty, and I don't appreciate that.

Read the first line only: and we have every right to call you a spoiled brat. Stop getting mad, brat.

Read the first line only: and we have every right to call you a spoiled brat. Stop getting mad, brat.

I'm not being a brat because I'm not being ostentatious about it, rather I'm just stating the facts of my situation, though I can understand how it could upset people.

I'm tried of this though let's change the topic.

Today I learned to play I'll See You At the Ring of Fire by Brave Bird so that's cool.

Rekindle is my new fav BB song. Can't stop listening.

Socks are unironically one of my favorite things to receive as a gift.

I dream of one day being rich enough to wear a brand new pair of socks every day.

Someone on Cribs did this and I was super jealous 

I remember being 16 and telling my parents I hated them. Don't even remember why but at the time it was the BIGGEST problem in my entire world. I had a friend growing up who never got anything for birthdays, and was lucky to get even 1 Christmas present. Take a step back Eric and look at the big picture. I'm guessing your family loves and provides for you. But you just don't like them because they don't have the same interests as you? One day you'll think back and wish you would've acted differently. I almost lost my dad a few years ago and it changed my entire attitude. I never get off the phone or leave any of my family without telling them I love them. All I want is to make enough money to buy my parents things and send them on trips. It makes me sick to think about losing them.

No one on here is going to pity you for getting a cruise. It may be the biggest problem in your life right now but you'll get over it.

Guest stl_ben.

Morning ppl. Thank you to any Veterans among us for your service. Time to head to work and get this time and 1/2.

17 hours until Watch_Dogs

Not to nitpick too much because that was quite kind of you to say anything at all...but Veteran's Day is a special day set aside to celebrate our surviving vets, Memorial Day (today) is the day we're supposed to think about those who gave their lives in service.

Again, not trying to nitpick, just to educate, and I'm sure the living veterans still appreciate you saying that.

I woke up with two minor blisters on my lips, it's reaaaaally strange and I've never had it happen before. I mentioned it to my sister at dinner because I didn't want to eat spicy foods (incase they're heat blisters) and my grandpa just goes "Logan has herpes."

I just put my head down and he was like "I can say that because I'm a veteran."

I need to catch up on this thread, but I'm going to Dorney Park. I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Not to nitpick too much because that was quite kind of you to say anything at all...but Veteran's Day is a special day set aside to celebrate our surviving vets, Memorial Day (today) is the day we're supposed to think about those who gave their lives in service.

Again, not trying to nitpick, just to educate, and I'm sure the living veterans still appreciate you saying that.

Gotcha! I actually read an article on that today. Thanks Logan

no one at all but on one specific subject like 2nd hand marijuana allergy, yes because after numerous studies there is no scientific evidence to support a marijuana allergy not based on consumption. I'm very familiar with it and wouldn't speak if I wasn't well rounded on the subject on marijuana ingestion and effects. In fact I even gave the benefit of the doubt that she could be In extreme low percentile that could be effected by it even tho there's less than 100 cases world wide in the last decade.

Her smoke allergy is very real if she needs an inhaler and at no point did I say it wasn't real. All I did was point out that it's the combustion aspect that causes allergic reaction, not the actual second hand breathing of a specific plant matter that causes side effects.

So calm down, no need for a white knight or lynching today.

Hi, I just want you to know that a lot of this information is very inaccurate. I do not have a smoke allergy OR an inhaler. Though I've been told in situations with marijuana I should carry one on me. It's an allergic reaction to the THC in the smoke. I'm sure if I ate a weed brownie, I'd be fine...but at the end of the day I have no desire. I'm sure Ashton would love to talk to you about being celiac and how gluten allergies do exist.

i feel like if I close my eyes right now im going to fall asleep. its going to be a long night at work.

dude seriously same here.  I took a weird nap and then I woke up and now I need to change and catch the bus

Also there's a really cute guy I work with and he lives near me and I just want to get to know him and be friends but i'm too shy and awkward but i don't want to go places alone I need a wing lady or something.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic