I've had a week to write this essay and I've put it off until today.  It's due tomorrow.  I am 395 words into a 5 page paper and I have no fucking clue where I'm going with it.  It doesn't help that this is the assignment, "Using only information from our theory reading and from in-class, consider the story in its narrative structure.  Read the story closely and consider the narrative means by which it achieves its effects.  You should be able to sort among the various terms, definitions, and demonstrations we have taken up in order to establish a credible reading.  Quote carefully from the theory text and from the story; prove your case."

UGGGGHHH.

Ah, being able to quote directly from stuff in your paper makes it easier though. Use huge long quotes from the text!

Ditto. I think I was mentally incapable of doing work under any circumstances other than "FUUUUUUUUUCK IM SO SCREWED"

This is me.  I have no motivation to write a paper until I realize that I have to do it if I don't want a zero.  I write all my papers the day before they are due.  But 25 pages, shit.  The biggest one I've written the day before is 8.

I finished, ran to the library to print it out, and ran to class to hand it in. The professor was like "Since it's the last class and there's no more work you don't have to stay. We're just gonna eat Christmas cookies and chat." I passed out at a desk because the thought of walking 5 minutes back to my dorm was just too much.

Got an A though.

At least I came home to this:

Upm3Qz1.jpg

You bummed me out that I thought I didn't have anything coming in the mail soon...until I remembered I have The Jazz June - The Medicine on its way, and 3 copies of IKSSE:3 coming in the next week, Salem's Pot/Windhand at the end of the month, those Modest Mouse and Mineral represses  in November and Saves the Day in December. Woooo.

Can we take a sec to talk about how my English teach gave me a zero on a creative writing project, because I choose to do it over The Shining and that was somehow inappropriate. I’m sorry. But how the fuck is a horror movie considered inappropriate for a college level English course? We talked and read about: incest, beheading, racial prejudice, and a whole ton of shit, that could be classified as inappropriate. Yet I get a zero because I choose to base a project on The Shining. Like last month we read a book that talked about, incest, alcoholism, racial prejudice and had a rape scene. YET I CAN’T TALK ABOUT ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL FILMS IN CINEMA HISTORY, IN A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE LEVEL ENGLISH CLASS BECAUSE THAT’S INAPPROPRIATE 

She weak.

Can we take a sec to talk about how my English teach gave me a zero on a creative writing project, because I choose to do it over The Shining and that was somehow inappropriate. I’m sorry. But how the fuck is a horror movie considered inappropriate for a college level English course? We talked and read about: incest, beheading, racial prejudice, and a whole ton of shit, that could be classified as inappropriate. Yet I get a zero because I choose to base a project on The Shining. Like last month we read a book that talked about, incest, alcoholism, racial prejudice and had a rape scene. YET I CAN’T TALK ABOUT ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL FILMS IN CINEMA HISTORY, IN A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE LEVEL ENGLISH CLASS BECAUSE THAT’S INAPPROPRIATE 

She weak.

Eric is in the same level of English courses as me...?  Hmmmm...

Rape scene?  You're in high school.  How can they get away with that?  I'm sure that could be a pretty significant trigger for people regardless whether or not they've been affected.

She weak.

Could it be that you chose to talk about the movie, not the book? In an English class, no less.

We were told to write an original piece on something that inspired us. The comment in the online grade book is: "Incorporate Subject". So yes I got a zero because of my choice of subject.

Like it could have been about literally ANYTHING that inspired you?

Guys, I'm actually on Woe's side with this one. Sounds like some bullshit.

I wrote a bunch of English papers about movies. Pretty much the only dope thing about my college experience. It was usually within the context of how it was adapted from a book though.

Yeah, come to think about it I think I wrote a couple papers about movies too. Definitely also wrote an essay for a final exam about something ridiculous like a Cursive album or something.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic