This morning my mom was like "hey, Lo, do you know of Arcade Fire?" I said yes and then she walked away.

THEN my brother comes down the stairs and goes "I have a dream" and then walks away without continuing.

I WONDER WHERE HE GETS IT FROM.

They had a story on Sunday Morning today. If your mom watches that may be why she was asking.

They had a story on Sunday Morning today. If your mom watches that may be why she was asking.

She's always watching something different in the morning, so that's probably why! 

Mystery solved. Now if you know why my brother is suddenly reciting Martin Luther King when he wakes up...you'll be a true detective. 

honestly it should be illegal to give homework on weekends. Like I already only get 2 days off as it is, I shouldn't have to be doing a day and half's worth of work during it

This always really bothered me. Not that I was an excelling student that did homework anyway...but homework over weekends and breaks was always annoying.

This always really bothered me. Not that I was an excelling student that did homework anyway...but homework over weekends and breaks was always annoying.

It's so bad now too this is all the work I've had to do:

English: Write a paper and read 2 chapters of the assigned book
Government: Do review packet and study for test
Astronomy: Study hard for the test (Because the teacher doesn't teach and test us on material we haven't learned)
Euro: Read and note 15 pages from the chapter
Pre-Cal: Do 2 pages of questions from the text book

This is all stuff assigned on Friday and due on Monday, and this doesn't account for college application work either.

I can't image how worst it is for kids in say band or ones with jobs

Honestly this is fucking disgusting and frankly ridiculous, some nights I do nothing but homework, I spend more time in class then I do at home and then what time I get to spend out of class I'm stuff doing things for class. It's sad and disgusting the state of the American education system. They don't teach like this in France or Finnland, and they both have higher levels of happiness

Like honestly they put teenagers though the same level of stress if not more as adults with half the respect and freedom. And it's disgusting. I should not have 8-10 hours of homework on what little free time I have given to me.

The fuck kinda school do you go to? When I was a teenager I had nothing BUT free time.

Ugh, in the last 4 days I got maybe 10 hours sleep total. Just had to drive 2.5 hours to my closing shift at work. Just pulled in and it's like "Ok, I got here. I'm done now right?" I didn't even drink last night and still somehow ended up in the dive-iest bar ever playing pool till 5am.

The fuck kinda school do you go to? When I was a teenager I had nothing BUT free time.

Ugh, in the last 4 days I got maybe 10 hours sleep total. Just had to drive 2.5 hours to my closing shift at work. Just pulled in and it's like "Ok, I got here. I'm done now right?" I didn't even drink last night and still somehow ended up in the dive-iest bar ever playing pool till 5am.

I go to a shitty one that likes to pretend it's good

Like our school district got a grant to get ipads so they force teachers to use Itunes U which results in classes like Pre-Cal being taught in a flipped way, like I go home and watch a video take notes then go in to class and do what would have been homework.

Also my school doesn't have Dances because no one went and we just have senior prom

My school is as trash as the lunches they serve

Yeah... we are looking at Queens and Long Island ... Queens would be a half hour commute

That's a much more reasonable commute.  Cut's down on your bus music time, but I'm guessing that's a good tradeoff.

How's everyone's Sunday going?  I'm drinking coffee, listening to Grails and am warming up to the idea of having an extremely lazy day.

My 2 friends were trying to three way call me and instead my voicemail recorded their convo about me. So funny and sad because they were just drunk talking about how they missed me. It's a really good feeling knowing they talk so nice about me behind my back haha.

My 2 friends were trying to three way call me and instead my voicemail recorded their convo about me. So funny and sad because they were just drunk talking about how they missed me. It's a really good feeling knowing they talk so nice about me behind my back haha.

Hahaha! That's amazing. 

So my phone stopped receiving texts for four hours but then randomly facetimed my friend TJ...without notifying me. So suddenly, his voice just comes out of my speakers like God. I have never been so scared/confused in my life, I don't think.

Then he asks me if petting pigs makes your hands greasy because they're greasy when they're dead (ex. bacon).

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic