Erik & I went to a record shop today in Hastings-On-Hudson, NY and they were trying to sell a copy of TSSF for $30.  When I saw it I said to Erik "WHY is this $30?" Then the dude who was working walked by and said "I can go lower." ...?

I didn't like that shop. Trying to price gouge and take advantage of people who don't know the going rate for records - & records that are still in press!

I wish I still had the picture, but the local entertainment store (they sell video games, movies, dvds and electronics too) sells new and used records, and I shit you not they had a copy of Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say That's What I'm Not, and were asking $45 for it. It was disgusting, but their they only place around here that has a destro that gets shit like James Blake, and Animal Collective

^^ I watched it earlier today as well. Really fuckin' enjoyed it. I dig the premise of what FF are doing for the new record and the whole premise behind the show and exploring each city's music scene and influence is genius. 

Hell, even my brother who's mostly into hip-hop, and watched it with me was impressed by it. He even said that he liked the "Something From Nothing" song.

I agree. It's going to make for a very unique, very 'in your face' impressive album, and I've been looking foward to it for a very long time. My friend's dad owns a record shop in Maryland. Grohl went to their house and interviewed him, and she said Grohl was incredibly nice and hing out all day. Love that dude to death. Honestly so excited for this album.

And what an awesome opening track. Gives me very high hopes for the rest of the album. (Pretty stoked you get a flexi with the pre-order now.)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic