My main problem is my parents still breath down my neck about jobs, and are really proud of me for getting this new one. They don't understand when I tell them I was lied to, and also that I never want to work another phone customer service job again.

I did tech support over the phone for 5 months and it was the worst job I've ever had.

I did tech support over the phone for 5 months and it was the worst job I've ever had.

Haha, that is what I thought I was hired to do. It's more like 10% tech, and the rest is accounting, payroll, inventory and such for a large tire company. It's worse than my last job talking to people who break down and calling them tow trucks.

:/ I'm so sorry man.

Thanks, shits fucked but that's life. The two dudes I've been best friends with for the last 13 years were planning on getting an apartment together early next year so now I'm included in those plans. I just need to sort out employment and where to live for a couple months and then hopefully everything will have worked out for the best. Getting there is going to suck, but if it happens it'll be dope.

I have a few temporary housing options that may or may not come through. I'm lucky enough to know a decent amount of people who wouldn't let me sleep on the street, so I've got that going for me.

It's so bad now too this is all the work I've had to do:

English: Write a paper and read 2 chapters of the assigned book
Government: Do review packet and study for test
Astronomy: Study hard for the test (Because the teacher doesn't teach and test us on material we haven't learned)
Euro: Read and note 15 pages from the chapter
Pre-Cal: Do 2 pages of questions from the text book

This is all stuff assigned on Friday and due on Monday, and this doesn't account for college application work either.

I can't image how worst it is for kids in say band or ones with jobs

Honestly this is fucking disgusting and frankly ridiculous, some nights I do nothing but homework, I spend more time in class then I do at home and then what time I get to spend out of class I'm stuff doing things for class. It's sad and disgusting the state of the American education system. They don't teach like this in France or Finnland, and they both have higher levels of happiness

Like honestly they put teenagers though the same level of stress if not more as adults with half the respect and freedom. And it's disgusting. I should not have 8-10 hours of homework on what little free time I have given to me.

Lol.  Deal with it.  University is going to kick your fucking ass.  High school was so fucking easy.  I took all the highest level courses, got an 80%+ average every year, got into the school I wanted with a $2400 scholarship (nothing crazy but better than nothing), and maybe put in 1 or 2 hours of homework a week.  Just wait till your semesters are 4 months long and you have to take 5-6 classes and you realize you have 4 finals in the span of 2 days.  

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic