Lol.  Deal with it.  University is going to kick your fucking ass.  High school was so fucking easy.  I took all the highest level courses, got an 80%+ average every year, got into the school I wanted with a $2400 scholarship (nothing crazy but better than nothing), and maybe put in 1 or 2 hours of homework a week.  Just wait till your semesters are 4 months long and you have to take 5-6 classes and you realize you have 4 finals in the span of 2 days.  

I don't get why people complain about high school, no matter what the classes or corresponding workload. High school was the easiest and most boring 4 years of my life. The real world starts after, and when you are self sufficient.

I refer to high school as "The Four Year Nap"

SAME. I wish I could go back, I would do way better instead of skating by with the minimum. Bruce, I really want to help you in some way. I'll figure something out. Maybe just a mix cd of feel good jams and another cd of super sad jams.

I have like $20 to my name until Friday, which isn't normally that big of a deal (I've gotten by with less than that) but this just so happens to be the one week where I'm almost out of food and have less than a quarter of a tank of gas in my car. Usually I'd just sell a few records and send them out once the Paypal transfer is done, but womp womp, I haven't ordered anything recently, so I don't have any mailers. No mailers = no sales = no extra cash, which is super unfortunate.

Honestly, though, I shouldn't be bitching this hard about it, since it's only until Friday and I totally put myself in this situation by spending too much money on eating out. The simple solution is to not be a lazy pile of trash and actually cook five or six nights a week, or cook in bulk and eat leftovers more often.

So I ended up with an extra ticket to The Rural Alberta Advantage show tomorrow, so I threw it up on Kijiji (Craigslist) for $30 (face value).  They are selling for $100+ because the show sold out immediately, and it's at a tiny venue.   In the description I wrote, "All you guys selling your tickets for $100+ are the worst type of people".  Anyways, obviously I get bombed with texts and emails because I'm the only one selling for face value.  One guy sends me this email, "You realize a lot of people on here aren't flipping tickets for $100, we are just trying to get back some of what we paid right? I paid $400 for a pair and then couldn't go. Don't be a douche."

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT.  You paid $400 for $60 worth of tickets hahaha.  Oh, here's the ad that makes me a douche: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tickets/edmonton/the-rural-alberta-advantage-10pm-show/1026801542?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

So I ended up with an extra ticket to The Rural Alberta Advantage show tomorrow, so I threw it up on Kijiji (Craigslist) for $30 (face value). They are selling for $100+ because the show sold out immediately, and it's at a tiny venue. In the description I wrote, "All you guys selling your tickets for $100+ are the worst type of people". Anyways, obviously I get bombed with texts and emails because I'm the only one selling for face value. One guy sends me this email, "You realize a lot of people on here aren't flipping tickets for $100, we are just trying to get back some of what we paid right? I paid $400 for a pair and then couldn't go. Don't be a douche."

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT. You paid $400 for $60 worth of tickets hahaha. Oh, here's the ad that makes me a douche: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tickets/edmonton/the-rural-alberta-advantage-10pm-show/1026801542?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

You continue to fucking rule. You could have even went $50-80 but didn't. Even when you need the money. Like damn dude. You rule.

Oh fuck why didn't I think of that?!

Moving my records is going to be the worst.

Got medium sized boxes from Lowe's and lined them with about 2-3 mailers on all sides. Didn't want the boxes to be too heavy. Worked out really well. Put some on the top too just in case to fill the space. 80 mailers over 6 boxes for 400 records.

I don't get why people complain about high school, no matter what the classes or corresponding workload. High school was the easiest and most boring 4 years of my life. The real world starts after, and when you are self sufficient.

While I get this side of the argument...high school was the worst chapter in my life. I was actually texting the single person I kept in contact with and something that I actually said was "hey...remember that time someone chucked a calculator at my head in math class and the teacher didn't do a damn thing."

Life isn't easy now, but it's so much better.

I had a dream I was on a plane with my ex and we were all cramped, and he wouldn't get his elbow off me so I elbowed him as hard as possible and then I woke up to jimmy going 'JESUS fucking Christ Madie!!!!'

Apparently I elbowed jimmy really really hard haha. Poor jim

I had a dream I was on a plane with my ex and we were all cramped, and he wouldn't get his elbow off me so I elbowed him as hard as possible and then I woke up to jimmy going 'JESUS fucking Christ Madie!!!!'

Apparently I elbowed jimmy really really hard haha. Poor jim

Aweee! Poor bruise. But props to you in your dream. I can never do shit in my dreams. When I'm pissed and I am trying to hit someone, run from someone it's like everything moves in slow motion and my arms are limp spaghetti. It's shit!

I have like $20 to my name until Friday, which isn't normally that big of a deal (I've gotten by with less than that) but this just so happens to be the one week where I'm almost out of food and have less than a quarter of a tank of gas in my car. Usually I'd just sell a few records and send them out once the Paypal transfer is done, but womp womp, I haven't ordered anything recently, so I don't have any mailers. No mailers = no sales = no extra cash, which is super unfortunate.

Honestly, though, I shouldn't be bitching this hard about it, since it's only until Friday and I totally put myself in this situation by spending too much money on eating out. The simple solution is to not be a lazy pile of trash and actually cook five or six nights a week, or cook in bulk and eat leftovers more often.

I've been there so many times. It sucks. There was a time I literally lived a week on fast food for free from doing the surveys. Ya. Life's joys.

Sell a few DVDs you don't want at a local second hand DVD place. Sell some clothing at buffalo exchange. I can't tell you how many times I have sold and re purchased my DVDs. It's ridic. It should earn you enough for half a tank of gas or some shit. Try to take public transport for a few days. May save you a few bucks. Top ramen and Mac n cheese aren't the only cheap foods. Check out the fruit section. Bananas are amazing and cheap as fuck.

I'm still not a pro at cooking all the time but I totally get the struggle especially being a flight attendant. It's so tempting to eat out. But cooking can be fun and easy! I love making smoothies for breakfast. I actually cut bananas in half and freeze them like that. Keep a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer too. Or use fresh fruit! A spash of OJ, milk, or almond milk and you're good to go!

I could go on and on about mason jar salads, crock pot meals and leftovers... I've learned a lot the past year about all this. Let me know if you want to talk more about it because it seriously can save you a ton of money. I know cooking for yourself isn't as fun as eating out with friends. But you can always invite people over and you can still go out, just less!

What's the quickest way to make $500? I have to plunk that much down for the deductible of my car for the repairs. Selling records from my collection is likely route but it'll take time.

Anyone want to fund the Juan Charity Drive?

;)

Did I ever tell you how I'm a Nigerian Prince and I'm looking for someone to help me transfer millions of dollars into the US?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic